http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/may/24/ukcrime?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080524/tuk-harry-potter-actor-stabbed-to-death-45dbed5.html

/discuss

"A teenager was stabbed to death in a fight outside a bar in Kent following an altercation in which three other men suffered serious stab wounds early today.

Rob Knox, an 18-year-old who acted in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, was fatally wounded outside the Metro Bar in Sidcup, Scotland Yard said.

The teenager, who played the character of Marcus Belby, a Ravenclaw student, is the 10th to die from stab wounds in London so far this year.

He was taken to the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Woolwich, south-east London, where he was pronounced dead at around 1am.

Two 21-year-old men and a 16-year-old youth were being treated in hospital.

One of the men suffered stab wounds to the neck and the other serious
wounds to his hand, while the teenager had knife injuries to the chest.

A 21-year-old man who suffered facial injuries in the fight was arrested on suspicion of murder after being discharged from hospital. He is being held in custody.

Friends gathered at the site where Knox was killed to lay floral tributes.

Tom Hopkins, 18, said he had pinned down a man armed with a knife outside the bar with the help of friend and was stabbed in the head.

"Rob was just trying to help out," he said. "He was like that. I grabbed the knife - I didn't know at the time that he had another knife. It was just chaos."

Friends said there had been a row over a phone last week, and believe this could have been a revenge attack.

Vicky May, 16, Robert's cousin was on a night out when she was told he had been killed.

"You never think it will happen to you," she said. "Rob wasn't a thug, it wasn't gang related.

"Everyone loved him. He was more like a brother, he would always look out for me. He was friends with so many people."

A Warner Bros spokeswoman said: "We are deeply saddened and shocked by this news, and at this time our sympathies are with his family."

Earlier this month, Jimmy Mizen, a 16-year-old schoolboy, was killed outside a bakery close to his home when his throat was slashed.

Another man was killed on Oxford Street, central London, in broad daylight.

The most recent fatality came as the children's commissioner, Sir Al Aynsley-Green, warned that new measures to tackle knife crime could alienate young people.

Under the public order act, police can search people for knives and guns without reasonable suspicion that they are carrying a weapon.

Aynsley-Green said stopping and searching could create further hostility and has called for further research into increased powers.

''There is a balance here," he told the BBC. "On the one hand, for young people to feel safer by having the presence of the police, but on the other hand making sure the powers don't create further antagonism by increased stopping and searching.

"These are very contentious, and I certainly support the case for much more research on the effects of these policies on them.''

The police said the powers were aimed at keeping young people safe rather than victimising them.

"The work we are doing in London in particular is working alongside communities to do robust stop and search operations ... where intelligence tells us that there is the most likelihood that people are carrying knives and weapons," the Metropolitan police deputy commissioner, Rose Fitzpatrick, said."
Should have used his invisibility cloak....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
That is just awful

Quote by Just Andrew

Hmm, I'm not sure how to reply to this...
At least it wasn't a major character, like if Daniel Radcliffe was stabbed. Still horrid.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by Just Andrew

It is sad, but if he couldn't win with magic on his side he didn't have a hope in hell
Quote by Just Andrew

I lol'd when i read that, but this is not the time for jokes
Ehh, it's sad, I know.

But if I've learned anything in life, it always better to laugh to our tragedies then let it kill us all.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
****, stabbed to death is not a pleasant way to go.

Poor guy, just another statistic i guess.
Quote by creeping.death!
Yes, of course, because we all know that his life is worth more than this kid's

Well, it is if you like Harry Potter

Of course people are going to place more value on the lives of those who are in some way important to them...you'd do it too, so you've got no right judging anyone else for doing it
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by Corpus
Will they keep making the movies now?

But that is sad.

A death won't stop them from producing the movies, especially a minor character; Dumbledore's actor, Richard Harris, died after the first 2 movies, the 3rd, 4th and 5th have Michael Gambon as the old Double-D
Quote by creeping.death!
Yes, of course, because we all know that his life is worth more than this kid's

I'm talking by a corporate business standpoint. I won't let my morals get in the way of the media. By all means, this is a horrible thing. But the movies may completely stop right there if Daniel died. I'm not just favoring the mainstream actor. I'm just wondering if anything would crash if Daniel was killed.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

From a filmmaker perspective, it's not a major loss, since his character barely had 10 minutes in the book.

From a human perspective, it's absolutely terrible. No one should have to die like that.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Fred1000000
I'm talking by a corporate business standpoint. I won't let my morals get in the way of the media. By all means, this is a horrible thing. But the movies may completely stop right there if Daniel died. I'm not just favoring the mainstream actor. I'm just wondering if anything would crash if Daniel was killed.

I think it would, or at least I would want it to.
From a filmmaker perspective, it's not a major loss, since his character barely had 10 minutes in the book.

From a human perspective, it's absolutely terrible. No one should have to die like that.

Exactly. That's what I'm talking about.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

Quote by Fred1000000
At least it wasn't a major character, like if Daniel Radcliffe was stabbed. Still horrid.

you jerk, a boy is still dead it doesnt matter if he was a big actor or not, be more respectful rather than caring about how your film needs are affected
Quote by Fred1000000

Ah, sorry; I misunderstood you.
I honestly couldnt care less about the series, and I think you shouldnt put the series in front of a kid's life.
Last edited by creeping.death! at May 24, 2008,
Quote by truemetal91
you jerk, a boy is still dead it doesnt matter if he was a big actor or not, be more respectful rather than caring about how your film needs are affected

See later posts by me. Again, I meant in terms of movie making. I am not attempting to seem like an inhumane jerk in the least. Read the rest of the topic before posting, eh?
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow