Hi. Just looking for some opinions here. my neighbour asked me to restring his sons guitar a while ago, so I did and ended up playing a few songs once I handed it back to him. I was playing Creep by Radiohead and he was like "you play really well but..." ands he told me how the little scratch (squeek) kinda noise is irritating when sliding from one barre chord to another. He said that that its desirable in electric but A Good acoustic player lifts his whole hand when changing barre chord. I told him that its just a lot more convienant to life your entire hand off when you can just shift it along, after all..barre chords are known as moveable chords. I get what hes saying... it might not exactly sound good when you hear the little sound between chord changes but to lift your whole hand off to just place it down again half a second later doesn't seem very feesable to me. So I am wondering what u guys think. He isnt a guitarist so I am not taking his word for it yet, is it wrong to slide between barre chords? (just your standard E shape barre chords, like from A barre chord to C bare chord)
I slide between barre chords. Works very well for me.

And just FYI? From listening to recordings of myself playing various guitars, I've found that the noise is not nearly as audible to those listening to you. I don't think it's usually as big a deal as some make it out to be.
haha I just heard thom yorke do the same when hes playing a live acoustic version of creep. I'm not the only one. I don't think the sound is irritating unless your looking out for it.
I agree. He described it as like listening to a record with lots of scratches in it lol... it's defenetly not a big deal
I think it sounds alright. In fact a little sliding sound every now and then makes the music feel more "live" like, if that made any sense.
Quote by avenger86
I think it sounds alright. In fact a little sliding sound every now and then makes the music feel more "live" like, if that made any sense.

Slight variety in a song is what makes music human.
the scratchy sound feels good.. i mean, it adds spice to the music and shows that you know how to slide through the neck.. nothing wrong with bro.. most of the time, you will see great acoustic players who do the same thing, sliding then getting screechy sounds..