hey is is my build so far, unfortunatly i dont have any pics of it before i routed the neck pocket any tips would be greatly appreciated

the neck pocket, kinda made it too bee, free hand routings hard :S

close up

routing marked

filler prehaps?

and finaly it done for now....

so what you guys think?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
ouch! Yeah, defiantly use a template next time. Hopefully you'll get this to work.... I dunno.
Just curious, did you buy a body blank, or did you glue up this blank yourself?
Its cool that you're giving this a shot
-------------------------
Ibanez JS 1000
USA Jackson DNKY
EPI LP ltd
VOX VTX120
EPI Valve jr
and a bunch of pedals
i bought a peice of german birch and cut it by hand, ive still got more contouring to do and im going to fill the gap in the neck and the pickup routs are fine
Quote by Deliriumbassist
any idea s for finishing it just varnish or a stain prehaps?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
any idea s for finishing it just varnish or a stain prehaps?

The grain looks a little blah for a Natural finish or Stain. A Maple cap or even some exotic wood veneer would work, if you can fit it into your plans. If so, Trans Black or Amber Burst would look amazing, my preference, of course.

I just remembered, Heritage Cherry on the existing body would look good, too, ala Gibson SG. Like cars and women, Finishes are highly personal ... what do you prefer?

ill look into a cherry stain prehaps i like that the grain might suit it too , its beech the wood aswell any one know what it will be like tone wise?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
ill look into a cherry stain prehaps i like that the grain might suit it too , its beech the wood aswell any one know what it will be like tone wise?

I'm thinking that your amp, PUs, and electronics would have more impact to your tone ... after all, you're not using MDF or fiberboard for your body.

im going to rout my control cavity tomorrow any tips, i was wondering if i should just cut straight through the body as its gonna have a montage of electronics in this when ive saved up lol or shall i just rout it as usual?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
if u cut through u will need a pickguard too

also, are u gonna cut that chunk of wood between the neck joint and the lower/bottom cutaway?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
yeah i am gonna get rid of that chunk some what still got alot f contouring to do, i was only contemplating on doing it because the guitars really heavy it weighs about the same as 1 and a quarter les pauls!
Quote by Deliriumbassist