OK so i've been looking for a new guitar for metal for awhile and i found the Jackson WR1 USA Warrior (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-WR1-USA-Warrior-511663-i1147175.gc)
and i really like it, problem is its like $2500
then recently i came acroos the ALEXI LAIHO ESP(http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_alexi.html), i really like this guitar because i hear that ESP's are good metal guitars and Children of Bodom is one of my favorite bands, also its cheaper
so can someone help me out and tell me some pros and cons with them both, im a bit clueless when it comes to hardware and how good or bad one brand is from another
thanks alot
Jackson WR1 USA Warrior

but the only problem is the price...look on ebay.
Last edited by Graveworm at May 24, 2008,
You should not even be thinking about dropping 2 grand on a guitar without first knowing 1. your basic needs and 2. understanding that what other people are saying about guitars you could be saying the exact opposite given you try them out.
used warrior. it wont be expensive then. probably able to get one for 1200-1500
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
esp
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Carvin neck, mexican squire strat body. Redo hardware, buy some duncs. /thread
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Do you really want to play someone else's signature model? Jackson all the way. Their USA made guitars are far superior in my opinion.
Quote by Myou_Mitsukai
basic needs what do u mean by that exactly?
Like what i need out of the guitar?

For example, let me point out the biggest difference from these guitars. One only has a bridge pick up while the other has both a bridge and neck pick up. Do you need a neck pickup? do you feel you'll be happy with only a bridge pick-up?
Quote by Evadlite
For example, let me point out the biggest difference from these guitars. One only has a bridge pick up while the other has both a bridge and neck pick up. Do you need a neck pickup? do you feel you'll be happy with only a bridge pick-up?

oh ok i see what you mean
ya, i prefer having both pickups
what i need is a guitar with a tremolo bar,
but i don't know the difference in quality between the hardware
Well, the jackson has duncan pickups, and the laiho has one EMG (i HATE Emgs). Duncans will simply give you a more versatile sound (depending on your setup of course). The EMG alone (and the fact that it only has one pickup) would turn me off of it right away. And for a $2000 dollar guitar youd think they wouldve sprung for at least the EMG 81 or 85 instead of an HZ.

Basically, I would pay 2 grand for the jackson before I'd pay 200 bucks for that Laiho. My 2 cents.

ACTUALLY...if youre ready to spend near 2 grand, I'd say go get yourself a custom axe (note my forum name ). One of a kind, totally made to your specs, and they can def be had for 2 grand or less if you know where to look. Tons of great companies. I ONLY play custom guitars - both of my axes were made by the same luthier, although one has a genuine jackson body with a handmade neck.
Last edited by CustomAxe at May 24, 2008,
Quote by CustomAxe
Well, the jackson has duncan pickups, and the laiho has one EMG (i HATE Emgs). Duncans will simply give you a more versatile sound (depending on your setup of course). The EMG alone (and the fact that it only has one pickup) would turn me off of it right away. And for a $2000 dollar guitar youd think they wouldve sprung for at least the EMG 81 or 85 instead of an HZ.

Basically, I would pay 2 grand for the jackson before I'd pay 200 bucks for that Laiho. My 2 cents.

ACTUALLY...if youre ready to spend near 2 grand, I'd say go get yourself a custom axe (note my forum name ). One of a kind, totally made to your specs, and they can def be had for 2 grand or less if you know where to look. Tons of great companies. I ONLY play custom guitars - both of my axes were made by the same luthier, although one has a genuine jackson body with a handmade neck.

Those are Blackouts on the Alexi.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Jackson. I wouldnt even hesitate.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Oh, I stand corrected. I mustve been lookin' at the wrong Alexi model (how many does he freakin' have??). Either way, everything else I said stands. Especially the whole "why would you want to play some other dudes signature model" thing and the "can get much more for the money" thing.