Okay so I'm kind of a noob at all this building stuff so any help would be appreciated.

So this summer I plan on building my first guitar. I'm thinking a V shaped body, with a Dean V looking head. A maple body, mahogony neck ? , rosewood fretboard. A floyd rose. And for the pup's i'm not really sure on what to put in maybe some seymour duncans alnico pro's. I want something good for some hard rock, and some heavy metal.

My first question is how much would this build cost me? , an estimate would be helpful.

What kind of paint should i use ?

EDIT : Where can i find templates ?

Advice ?

TIA
Last edited by Josh134 at May 24, 2008,
Quote by Josh134
Okay so I'm kind of a noob at all this building stuff so any help would be appreciated.

So this summer I plan on building my first guitar. I'm thinking a V shaped body, with a Dean V looking head. A maple body, mahogony neck ? , rosewood fretboard. A floyd rose. And for the pup's i'm not really sure on what to put in maybe some seymour duncans alnico pro's. I want something good for some hard rock, and some heavy metal.

My first question is how much would this build cost me? , an estimate would be helpful.

What kind of paint should i use ?

Advice ?

TIA

How about mahogany body, with a maple neck?

Edit: Screw the rosewood too - get ebony.

My build has cost me £230 so far, and I still need to buy paint.
if its your first build and you've had no experience with a floyd before i would use a hard tail bridge instead
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
if its your first build and you've had no experience with a floyd before i would use a hard tail bridge instead

this guy speaks pearls of wisdom listen to him
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.