Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Any song you bloody well feel like playing.

+1

Iron Maiden stuff, trooper, number of the beast, the classics
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
I don't let my guitar really limit what I play. I mean, of course Strats are aimed at certain styles, but that doesn't mean a SWAT team will come in and take you down because you played thrash on a Strat, or whatever.
John frusciante uses an american strat so Red Hot Chillies songs must work pretty well, and its a pretty versatile possibly blues and rock are suited to it.?
Well, a Fender Strat is probably one of the most versatile guitars out there. You can play anything from blues to metal with one. It's really just a matter of what amp you have.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I don't let my guitar really limit what I play. I mean, of course Strats are aimed at certain styles, but that doesn't mean a SWAT team will come in and take you down because you played thrash on a Strat, or whatever.

strats are aimed at a certain kind of music? that's bull, I've seen em do everything from jazz to metal to classical so I don't think it's limited that much.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
shine on you crazy diamond and other pink floyd songs.. DUHH

Lw
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Let me rephrase that; if you have a Strat it is sometimes assumed you play certain styles. You probably agree that Strats are much better for Blues than say... an ESP or something akin to that. I'm not saying that they can't do certain styles, but it sometimes carries with it the idea that "Oh you have a Strat, you must play blues or classic rock" etc. If that makes sense.
Quote by hawk5211
anything. repeat anything.

I agree, I have a custom Epiphone Les Paul with EMG pick-ups, and I can get it to sound exactly like John Mayer's tone, and he uses a strat. Strats and Les Pauls are very flexible, they can play pretty much anything. Some people might argue that Strats can only play certain things, ignore this. Its more how you feel and what you want to play when you are playing it that should judge what you are going to play.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
shine on you crazy diamond and other pink floyd songs.. DUHH

yup, Pink Floyd would be nice on a strat! Also pretty much any funk and blues will do too!

I think you should stay away from high gain metal.... single coils sounds to "squeaky" for that....

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
I have never really had any problems with playing songs on a strat. Everything sounds good to me.
Quote by Dizeaz2112
Well, a Fender Strat is probably one of the most versatile guitars out there. You can play anything from blues to metal with one. It's really just a matter of what amp you have.

+1 seriously just play, dont think just becuase you have a strat that limits what you play, just play what you want/like
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
+1 to anything!

My friend found a hello kitty guitar in the garbage and started shredding. He played slipknot on it.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Quote by TheBloodstained
yup, Pink Floyd would be nice on a strat! Also pretty much any funk and blues will do too!

I think you should stay away from high gain metal.... single coils sounds to "squeaky" for that....

edit:
pink floyd(gilmour) IS strat^^
didn't he have one with serial number 0000001?:P

LW
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Yes but it was not the very first strat

Indeed Pink Floyd is some of the best material to play on a strat

I often contemplate buying one for the sole purpose of playing the intro to Shine on You Crazy Diamond. Absolutely one of my favorite pieces to play.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
^ Word.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by Lord Waltaa
edit:
pink floyd(gilmour) IS strat^^
didn't he have one with serial number 0000001?:P

LW

You realize putting the initials of your screen name is probably the dumbest thing ever?

Try some Richie Kotzen, he uses a Tele a majority of the time. But he also uses strats. I think you are looking for more inspiration rather than something to play.
Yeah I think what the dude is asking is what song suggestions might people have that have a good distinctive strat sound (ala Pink Floyd or others...), and not just what in general he can play on a strat, as though there were restrictions of some sort, which I'm sure he understands there really isn't.
blues stuff, srv, clapton, frusciante, john mayer, pearl jam, and of course jimi. some songs id say would have to be the jimi hendrix version of little wing and pearl jam's yellow ledbetter... the strats tone really is a part of those songs
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb

Originally Posted by DeanESPJackson
Yeah I think what the dude is asking is what song suggestions might people have that have a good distinctive strat sound (ala Pink Floyd or others...), and not just what in general he can play on a strat, as though there were restrictions of some sort, which I'm sure he understands there really isn't.

thats right!!!
Classic rock/Blues/Punk/classic metal/Country any thiiing
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by RichieKotzen
You realize putting the initials of your screen name is probably the dumbest thing ever?

ouch.
why shouldn't I do what I want to do? and why would you be the one telling me what to do?

you realize that telling people what to do is probably the most selfish thing to do?

If you have any complaints about me, or me putting my nickname initials under every freaking message I write, contact my parents, they will be happy to laugh at you.

suk my balls
LW
Quote by Kai07
Laaayyylaaaaa

Layla's an LP, man. Duane Allman's.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay