this sounds pretty much like an awesome deal for pedals to me. $500 for:

Ibanez Pedals: Weeping Demon, TS7 tubescreamer

Boss Pedals: Metal Distortion, compressor/sustainer, chorus, phaser/flanger

all of that plus a korg pedal tuner, and a powered pedal board that has one open slot for an extra pedal.

what do y'all think? don't talk about amps, though. i kno my spider definitely aint the best, but i have tried pedals on it and like it. i am eventually going to get me a tube amp but that makes no sense at this point because I am a hobbyist and i am going to be in a dorm next year.

besides amp, any other suggestions for $500?

thanks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Looks like alot o' stuff..only missing some delay and fuzzzz. Problem with buying complete is you miss out in the fun of customizing your personal PB. IMHO. Now if those are the pedals you would get anyway - you have your answer. I would talk seller down anyway.

Peace
Or you could get a GT-10 with all of those and more for the same price.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
^ yeah.. only because he plays on a spider though.. if it was a good tube amp = no no.

but I don't really see 500 dollars worth that stuff.. but I'm not sure the stores stock price..
but for one the ts7 = lame
Nah, GT's sound alright running into tube amps as well. As long as you don't use the modeling on it.
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
stock prices on musicians friend:

Weeping Demon: 100 bux
TS7: 40 bux
Metal Zone or Metal Core Distortion = 90 bux (both are same since the second is on sale)
CS3 Compressor = 90 bux
Super Chorus = 90, Chorus Ensemble = 80
BF3 Flanger = 120 bux, Phase Shifter = 100 bux

listed the pedals that might be what you have since you didn't specify the models and flangers and phasers aren't the same thing.

overall price = $500.00 - $530.00
depending on which ones you have..
so if it's all the cheapest ones, you're getting a not so great deal since you could buy all those pedals brand new for the same price at like any music store since most stores have the exact same stock price.

so no don't do it..
the metal zone and ts7 suck anyway.
be better to just go to a store and buy what you want

can't recommend an amp since I don't know what kind of music you play..
but you should probably get a new amp first.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at May 24, 2008,
Quote by SSL27
Nah, GT's sound alright running into tube amps as well. As long as you don't use the modeling on it.

yeah, I suppose but still multi-effects just seem so digital.. sure so are most pedals but I dunno'

he has a line 6 spider though so he wins in both ways.
better distortion from the boss gt-10 and all the effects.
haggle it down to 400ish... id say 500 is a rip.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
yeah
and ohh forgot the pedal board and tuner..
since korg makes loads of tuners not sure..
it's probably one of the 20 dollar ones at most..
and I dunno' about pedal board..

but I'd still rather get my own personalized board rather then paying 500 bux for some pedals you could get brand new for the same price.
this way you could pick what you wanted and spend the same cash pretty much.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at May 24, 2008,
well, when i did the pricing, with the board, it was actually about 200-300$ less than if i had bought all of it stock, ill redo the pricing again once i get a chance to look at the specific pedals.

those pretty much are all the pedals i would want, i would probly upgrade the TS7 eventually. i've been thinking about a multi-fx'er too, but that would be just an expanded version of my spider. i want more control over the individual effects/distortions, so i'm looking a lot more in the pedal direction. thats what makes this guys setup for tempting. it has the pedals i want, for cheaper than if i bought them stock, and they are all on a powered board which was custom made and cost about $250 itself.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The GT-10 is waaaaaaay better than a Spider, and the modeling is actually pretty good and doesn't sound digital at all.
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
The GT-10 is waaaaaaay better than a Spider, and the modeling is actually pretty good and doesn't sound digital at all.

well, i mean, how much control do you have over each individual effect? how would it sound through a spider? altho i would be using headphones with that anyway probly.

lol yea, im in a weird position, id much rather spend $500-600 on a tube amp, but im going to be in a dorm so that would be stupid
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
pedal board.. big whoop
I still say it's a bad deal.

I carry my pedals in this old thick lego puzzle box I had from when I was like.. really young.
found it somewhere.

lol dead serious, rather funny but hey it gets the job done and costed me about 100 bux less then a pedal board.
Quote by TechnicolorType
pedal board.. big whoop
I still say it's a bad deal.

well, since i am unorganized as crap, having all of my pedals ina place where they can be moved straight from storage to a usable position in just a few clicks would be incredibly convenient for me.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
yeah but 250 bux for that is a rip..
you can make your own.. just like he made the one he's selling it to you!
they aren't hard to make.. no I don't mean my crappy lego box.. I mean a real pedalboard.
Quote by TechnicolorType
yeah but 250 bux for that is a rip..
you can make your own.. just like he made the one he's selling it to you!
they aren't hard to make.. no I don't mean my crappy lego box.. I mean a real pedalboard.

yea, but i can tell you right now that i would never finish a project like that.

i think what im going to have to do is just go try all of it out for an extended period of time sometime next week. I need to find out if the sound those pedals will give me is what i'm going for in my own tonal pursuits. if it is, sweet, i'm buying it. if not, well i'll get something else, maybe even save up a bit more and get a nice acoustic or something

thanks for the help
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
yeah that's the best thing to do, but it'll be best to try them on your spider.. but just imo you probably want a good distortion pedal..
I heard the spiders have a decent clean channel so it'd be good to replace the distortion on the things and then your rig would be better + the actual better effects

but yeahh.. good luck at everything, hope you find what you're looking for :P
Quote by TechnicolorType
yeah that's the best thing to do, but it'll be best to try them on your spider.. but just imo you probably want a good distortion pedal..
I heard the spiders have a decent clean channel so it'd be good to replace the distortion on the things and then your rig would be better + the actual better effects

but yeahh.. good luck at everything, hope you find what you're looking for :P

gracias yea, ive been thinking, cause i like the sounds i get out of my spider, so why am i getting all these pedals? so i'm going to haul this thing (its 150watt) over to the church and try out his stuff
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
well, i mean, how much control do you have over each individual effect? how would it sound through a spider? altho i would be using headphones with that anyway probly.

lol yea, im in a weird position, id much rather spend $500-600 on a tube amp, but im going to be in a dorm so that would be stupid

You answered your own question.

You wouldn't need to use it with the spider. You could just use the headphone out.

As for control there is plenty. If you're more into controlling it with millions of knobs, look into a GT-8.
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
You answered your own question.

You wouldn't need to use it with the spider. You could just use the headphone out.

As for control there is plenty. If you're more into controlling it with millions of knobs, look into a GT-8.

lol ...maybe..

but yea, i might look into that too. I may even do a full electronics/hardware upgrade on my jetking! who knows. it just depends on what i think of the pedal package through my amp
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional