So I figured it'd be worthwhile to look into getting a small amp, and some stomp boxes. I'm settling on either the Epi VJ, or BH Little Giant 5, I think. I've heard the BH handles pedals better, but I'm not sure. Suggestions?
I've heard the same thing... But on that note i would just take a pedal or two up to your local shop and test them out on both amps and see... Usually I take two of my pedals and my guitar up anytime i test out anything im truly thinking about buying.
I can't see one "handling pedals" much better than the other.

For what it's worth, both of my Valve Juniors took mostly any pedal without complaint.
Last edited by the.spine.surfs at May 24, 2008,
Yea only issue i can see is the Blackheart having more eq controls so you can tweak around the pedal easier or it might be a line level thing... Shrugs shoulders who knows...
i kinda heard the opposite, that the vj handles pedals a bit better because it has a more open circuit. that said, my blackheart takes pedals very nicely. so i dont really think you will have a problem with either taking pedals. i like the blackheart a bit better because of the 3/5w switch. the eq controls are nice, but an eq pedal on the vj would work just as well. but the 3/5w switch gives some nice tonal differences. both a great amps though, so i dont think you can go wrong.