Quote by DiMeTiMe
What is that supposed to mean?

I think you've asked this same question once before, but I could be mistaken.

Anyway, out of those two I think the 333xl is your best bet, that is to say, this is the only amp of the bugera line I've seen/heard in action, and it pulled off metal with no trouble at all.
Quote by Revhain
I think you've asked this same question once before, but I could be mistaken.

Not on here...

Quote by Revhain
Anyway, out of those two I think the 333xl is your best bet, that is to say, this is the only amp of the bugera line I've seen/heard in action, and it pulled off metal with no trouble at all.

Hmm...okay well thanks.

More opinions please!!
The 6262 has no problems at all with metal either. It's really a matter of preference.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
The 6262 has no problems at all with metal either. It's really a matter of preference.

Damn...now I'm not sure which one to get....

Is there a certain tone each possesses? Cause if I'm not mistaken the 6260/62 are copies of the 6505/+?
6262 is 6505+ (or alternatively 5150II, same amp) while the 333XL is a JSX. That should give some pointers I think. But it would be best if you could play them and make a decision based on that, although I understand it might not be possible.
Quote by Lunchbox362
I believe some of those bands use the Peavey 6505, so you might want to go for the 6262. The 333XL is voiced a little differently and might not suit your tastes as well.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by Fama
6262 is 6505+ (or alternatively 5150II, same amp) while the 333XL is a JSX. That should give some pointers I think. But it would be best if you could play them and make a decision based on that, although I understand it might not be possible.

OKay, ya that's what I was looking for .

6262 it is then?
Quote by DrNick
I believe some of those bands use the Peavey 6505, so you might want to go for the 6262. The 333XL is voiced a little differently and might not suit your tastes as well.

Ya, that's what I was thinking .

Off to save my money .
Quote by DrNick

But considering the 6262 sounds nothing like a 6505 your pretty much in the same boat either way....
The 333XL has 3 channels, the 6262 has 2 channels. That's one thing to consider.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Also from what i heard is the 333xl can get close to the 6262 tone with a boost but not exact, but the 333xl is going to be alot more Verastile.. So in the long run the 333xl might be a better choice for you. Also im still against the idea lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at May 24, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Also the 333xl can get close to the 6262 tone with a boost but not exact and the 333xl is going to be alot more Verastile..

I'm looking for a 6505/Engl-ish (the amp) tone, versatility is not much of a need for me. A gain channel, clean channel, and a boost is all I need for the amp .

Thanks for the all the help though!
Quote by DiMeTiMe
I'm looking for a 6505/Engl-ish (the amp) tone, versatility is not much of a need for me. A gain channel, clean channel, and a boost is all I need for the amp .

Thanks for the all the help though!

Those two tones are pretty far apart, so finding something that sounds like both probally wont happen. The 6505's tone is pretty much one of a kind and so is Engl's tone. Your gonna be hard pressed to find something like that in a budget...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Those two tones are pretty far apart, so finding something that sounds like both probally wont happen. The 6505's tone is pretty much one of a kind and so is Engl's tone. Your gonna be hard pressed to find something like that in a budget...

Well, I mean the Engl has like a....unique midrange....
Whatever, the 6505 tone is more important to me.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Well, I mean the Engl has like a....unique midrange....
Whatever, the 6505 tone is more important to me.

Yup, i would actually love to hear a Engl Stereo'ed in with a 6505..

And i still dont know why you going with Bugera if you love the 6505 so much...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup, i would actually love to hear a Engl Stereo'ed in with a 6505..

And i still dont know why you going with Bugera if you love the 6505 so much...

Cause I have a budget , and apparently it actually has a decent clean channel.
Quote by DiMeTiMe

A 5150 fits in your budget and the clean channel isnt as bad as people say. Its insanely sensitive to the volume knob on your guitar and cleans up alot. Just use your lead channel for your gain stuff. Take your rhythm and turn the gain down volume up then when you switch over to it turn the volume knob on your guitar down its as simple as that. Tested it in the store with EMG's and worked perfectly and spot on fade to black cleans. Throw a chorus on top of that and your good to go.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
A 5150 fits in your budget and the clean channel isnt as bad as people say. Its insanely sensitive to the volume knob on your guitar and cleans up alot. Just use your lead channel for your gain stuff. Take your rhythm and turn the gain down volume up then when you switch over to it turn the volume knob on your guitar down its as simple as that. Tested it in the store with EMG's and worked perfectly and spot on fade to black cleans. Throw a chorus on top of that and your good to go.

I'm not going used. I was just asking which would be better, and I got my answer, thank you.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
I'm not going used. I was just asking which would be better, and I got my answer, thank you.

Okie dokie just trying to warn ya and help ya out.... Looks like you have made your choice hope it works out for ya...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Okie dokie just trying to warn ya and help ya out.... Looks like you have made your choice hope it works out for ya...

I hope so too, and trust me: I'll try before I buy .

Thanks once again .
Quote by DiMeTiMe

Gah, really. Play a 5150 before you thrash on it's cleans. I use the clean channel on my 5150 90% of the time, and it sounds great, thanks.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Gah, really. Play a 5150 before you thrash on it's cleans. I use the clean channel on my 5150 90% of the time, and it sounds great, thanks.

Oh, sorry, just going by what I heard (must be the problem ).
Personaly i think the 333xl is better because it got more of a ballzy tone, but thats just me!
NICK-NAC PATTY WACK GIVE A DOG A HANDJOB!

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
Quote by Shwing55
Personaly i think the 333xl is better because it got more of a ballzy tone, but thats just me!

Ha, like you would know RJ . The 6262 is a copy of the 6505 - that's metal .
The 333 is pretty metal.
It's a three channel beast, and the channels are basically "Not a Fender", "Not a Marshall," and "Not a Mesa."

You can do metal with either of the gain channels, really, depending on whether you want a crunchy Marshally tone or a smooth liquid Mesa-like tone.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Ha, like you would know RJ . The 6262 is a copy of the 6505 - that's metal .

So iam i lol
NICK-NAC PATTY WACK GIVE A DOG A HANDJOB!

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Oh, sorry, just going by what I heard (must be the problem ).

That's not usually a great idea, but lesson learned!
Quote by DiMeTiMe
lol, I love your sig ....lmfao hilarious!

haha, +1, that is classic!
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by the.spine.surfs

+1,000,000 to you man. I don't think these Bugeras even skim the surface of a real 5150. They get close, but its still not a 5150/6505.

And with a chorus pedal, the cleans are just dandy on a 5150/6505. If you aren't retarded and know how to use your volume knob, with the bright switch on and the gain low you can get a pretty fair clean.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS