About a week ago i bought a Gibson dirty fingers pickup and i decided i wanted to add the option of coil tapping it. I bought a push/pull shaft and it arrived yesterday. i've done all the desoldering but now i can't get the wires soldered back onto the ground. The solder won't stick to it. i'm going to post a link to the one that i bought.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-500K-PushPull-Pot?sku=987357

I'm not having trouble getting the solder to stick to the things that are sticking out. I cant get the solder to stick to the ground. Please someone help, my guitar is decomissioned until i can get this fixed. thanks
scratch the pot or file it or something but get that bit your soldering to rough, and what the tip and wattage on your soldering iron?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by wretched_hunger
I'm not having trouble getting the solder to stick to the things that are sticking out. (the lugs)

I cant get the solder to stick to the ground. (the case of the pot)
the surface of the pot's case has a coating or plating to keep it from corroding. you'll need to need to remove this for the solder to bond with the base metal.

use and abrasive: fine sandpaper or a file, to grind away the surface and use your soldering iron to create a small puddle of solder on the pot, before trying to attach the wires.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.