well yes i went through with it and decided to go for it, I went to a well known luthier in my area and asked him to make me a guitar.

I decided, on mahogany body with a flame maple top, a prs style

Mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard (24 frets, and NECK TRHOUGH BODY)

a TOM bridge, but string through body ( with ferrules, if u know what I mean)

PLanet wave tuners

medium frets

pups, i went for a seymour duncan alnico 2 in the neck and a dimarzio d activator in the bridge

also added a switch for coil splitting of the SD alnico 2 and a EMG afterburner for a little more gain when needed

the color of the top will be a cusrtom type of clear redburst, so i can see the grain ( its stain added using a cloth) and I will have it cleared then satined, because i cant stand cleared guitars

it will have 2 volumes and 2 tones, + one of the tones push/pull for the boost

want opinions on this :P I am so glad I went with this, it is different to go to a luthier and say i want a guitar than to try 20 similar guitars on a stand in a music store:P

and yes before you ask it cost me an arm and a leg
Last edited by ferguson911 at May 24, 2008,
Quote by FireandFlames
Sounds awesome.
How much did it cost you?

an arm and a leg :P

To be honest 3200$ canadian with a custom hard case. I had cash aside for a while:P
Well congrats.... But you know we don't know how much your body is worth... So an arm and a leg could be anywhere from 50 cents to 60 million dollars.. To me anyways.

Wow just saw the price, hope you have fun with your new guitar!
Sounds amazing man. Obviously, pictures are a must once you get it.
Btw, how long will this beauty take to build?
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by alexlemon2
Sounds nice it also sounds right down Ormsby's street

Not an ormsby , but still i beleive it will be a beautiful work horse, very versatile and different souding form my G*L legacy american :P, what a beautiful tone i can imagine with my fender deluxe
Quote by ferguson911
an arm and a leg :P

To be honest 3200$ canadian with a custom hard case. I had cash aside for a while:P

Holy damn!

I wish I had money for that kind of stuff

and pics will be required of it once you get it
Quote by ezlntrooper
Sounds amazing man. Obviously, pictures are a must once you get it.
Btw, how long will this beauty take to build?

I should be receiving it before my show in july, so probably late june, but since hes a lone luthier it takes more time but the wuality is unbeleivable

And ill be receiving pictures of every major step :P so i will definately publish them :P
Quote by ferguson911
Not an ormsby , but still i beleive it will be a beautiful work horse, very versatile and different souding form my G*L legacy american :P, what a beautiful tone i can imagine with my fender deluxe

I know it's not an Ormsby but it sounds like a guitar Ormsby would build

How long will it take for it to be built?
Quote by alexlemon2
I know it's not an Ormsby but it sounds like a guitar Ormsby would build

How long will it take for it to be built?

Late june, lot of time for me

what do u all think about pup and wood choice?
Un gaspesien :O
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by nauc
pretty cool man. im hoping youve seen his work tho..

i've played a few of them and i love his work :P
Spas pire Jvien drimouski.

Well nice job look pretty nice Especially the pickup choice
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu
Spas pire Jvien drimouski.

Well nice job look pretty nice Especially the pickup choice

I was looking for a bluesier sound up front and a more rock sound in the back :P
awesome!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ferguson911
Late june, lot of time for me

what do u all think about pup and wood choice?

June? Which year??

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
June? Which year??

LOL this year of course:P

ormsby how bout your opinion :P I know you do great work
My opinion is you should have ordered it from me. :P

If its June this year, he obviously aint busy. Who is it?

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
My opinion is you should have ordered it from me. :P

If its June this year, he obviously aint busy. Who is it?

a Luthier called Daniel groleau does awesome work, oh he has a work load, but i probably went a little early by saying june.......... maybe end f july if i'm lucky ( talked ot him again today)

go check his website, ( its in french though) www.artsonic.com

I would have ordered it from you but the distance is far too great you know :P
Congrats man, I myself am canadian too and I'm currently in the process of picking out a carvin custom build...its a fun process but I cant decide on certain aspects lol....gl man
Quote by d_byrne23
Congrats man, I myself am canadian too and I'm currently in the process of picking out a carvin custom build...its a fun process but I cant decide on certain aspects lol....gl man

It's hard, i arrived there with only the prs body idea, je talked it out with me and well when i left i told him have fun making it ( meaning i kinda let him go at it like he wants with certain specs i wanted)
Yeah man like my budget is a bit smaller so I thought for my first custom build to go with Carvin...you think saving the money is the hardest part...but I love at least 10-12 of their finishes so bad, its a very timely process but I'm sure itll be worth it in the end..
Quote by d_byrne23
Yeah man like my budget is a bit smaller so I thought for my first custom build to go with Carvin...you think saving the money is the hardest part...but I love at least 10-12 of their finishes so bad, its a very timely process but I'm sure itll be worth it in the end..

Definately, and y going with my luthier who is soon expanding , ill still hgave one of the one he made all by himself and not by 3 or r4 diff employees, in my mind ts wort alot for me :P
...and thats whos opinion matters most man haha...let me know how it turns out man..take care