So, in my last thread everyone said get a Roland. Now which one of these Rolands: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp-481169-i1175936.gc or http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Cube-15X-Guitar-Amp-487030-i1169242.gc. It's a tough choice because one has more watts, less effects, and it is cheaper.On the other hand i'm a beginner and i do not need many watts and with more effects it will keep me more interested and won't have to waste money on pedals when i get older and better . Thanks in advance.
HI!!!

Gear
Guitar(s)- SX GG1 STD CSB
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Quote by turksegitarist
15X definitely

Tell me why, please be more explanatory.
HI!!!

Gear
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

Quote by TMisthebest
Tell me why, please be more explanatory.

Tell me why you've posted 10000 threads...

Anyway, I'm going to say hand-down... the Microcube. Yes, it doesn't have a 3-band EQ but that will make dialing in tones easier. It has the built in effects plus its portable with batteries which is always fun. Granted, not as big a speaker but I'd say its better because of the portability, more amp models, effects, and overall easier use.

Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Neither. But had I a gun to my head, I'd say the Cube 15.

The reason is fairly simple, the ideal size for a guitar loudspeaker is IMO 12" The microcube has a 5" speaker, and the cube 15 has an 8" speaker. Cube amps are already rather bright and brittle sounding to begin with, and the smaller the speaker the worse it gets.

If you can afford it I'd actually say the Cube 20x because It's got all the effects of the Microcube, and it'll just sound better. Not that much more expensive either.

If you're open to alternate suggestions I'm a fan of the Kustom 12 Gauge. It's one of the few solid state amps that I actually enjoy the sound of. However, it doesn't have any effects, and it won't do Metal as well as the Cube... For everything else though, it's way better.

Also, you're going to have to buy pedals and a new amp later anyway, so don't really take any of that into consideration right now. This stuff will only last you a year or two before you start wanting something that actually sounds good
Quote by musicofthenite
Tell me why you've posted 10000 threads...

HI!!!

Gear
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

Quote by icronic
Neither. But had I a gun to my head, I'd say the Cube 15.

The reason is fairly simple, the ideal size for a guitar loudspeaker is IMO 12" The microcube has a 5" speaker, and the cube 15 has an 8" speaker. Cube amps are already rather bright and brittle sounding to begin with, and the smaller the speaker the worse it gets.

If you can afford it I'd actually say the Cube 20x because It's got all the effects of the Microcube, and it'll just sound better. Not that much more expensive either.

If you're open to alternate suggestions I'm a fan of the Kustom 12 Gauge. It's one of the few solid state amps that I actually enjoy the sound of. However, it doesn't have any effects, and it won't do Metal as well as the Cube... For everything else though, it's way better.

Also, you're going to have to buy pedals and a new amp later anyway, so don't really take any of that into consideration right now. This stuff will only last you a year or two before you start wanting something that actually sounds good

+1

The first time you do a palm muted chug you will thank us...
if you want a Roland, get the JC-120. Otherwise, get a Kustom, they sound better than a cube.

or get a 5W tube......Fender Champion 600 anyone?
Quote by neptune1988
if you want a Roland, get the JC-120. Otherwise, get a Kustom, they sound better than a cube.

or get a 5W tube......Fender Champion 600 anyone?

^ Fail.

He doesn't have anywhere near the budget for a JC-120...

Kustom sounds NOWHERE near as good as the cube... when I was looking for a new amp even my mom (who has a terrible ear for tone) hated the way the Kustom's sounded.

Also, didn't you post 1583049 threads asking for amps and told everyone that you didn't want to go tube and were adamant about getting a SS?

TS, like I said, the MicroCube is probably your best bet right now. I see from your profile you're still young, so there's no need to go tube right now, you want to develop your ear for the sound you want and the MicroCube gives you tons of effects, portability, and sounds for the money.

I wish I had one when I first started, I would have loved it. If you have any questions feel free to bring 'em my way.

Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Microcube.

The 15X doesn't sound the same as it's 30W or higher counterparts, the Microcube sounds the closest without spending more money imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the microcube is good, just don't expect to get a good palm muted tone with the distortion on. Its just not big enough to get that chug-chug tone. But if that's not a problem for you microcube is a great amp.