I prefer to tap with the tip of my pick instead of my finger because I find it easier to play faster and the tone is a little crisper. But my friend who's been playing awhile gave me this huge rant that I should be tapping with either my index or my middle finger.....so is it really that bad that I tap with my pick?
I used to use my pick a lot unitll i heard how good my friend sounded with his finger. I couldnt do it with the finger well until i practiced and if i tap with my crybaby one and pointed forward it sounds great.
I find it easier to switch from using my plec to tapping with my finger and back than with my plec but do whichever you find easier.
pick tapping is a whole different technique just look at joe satriani in the g3 in 03 dvd
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
Neither is wrong.....I myself prefer the sound of finger tapping but others prefer picks.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i prefer my finger, cause i do a pull off when i release my finger so it sounds more natural to my ears, makes it "flow" if u get me. however i do find it easier 2 tap fast when i use a pick.

ive been told theres also an accuracy issue, as ur more accurate with ur finger than u are with a pick. but that could just be me again.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
Everyone has their own unique style. If you ever become famous, people will tell their friends about how sweet your tapping technique is.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings
I alternate between the two, but I tap with my Fingernails as well as my Tips so I don't really see the point of pick tapping.
They actually produce completely different tones so I would say you should learn to do both. Some things will always be easier but you should at least try to learn all you can.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I wouldn't say they are TOTALLY different. I find pick tapping more pronounced then finger tapping but finger tapping to be more fluent and less robotic sounding.