hi, i have a fender 60th anniv. standard strat.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-60th-Anniversary-Commemorative-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517894
i like the shape of the neck, but there's this really annoying satin coat on both sides of the neck. Is there anything that will remove the finish on the neck, and will it be a mistake to do so, especially on the fretted side?
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Last edited by guitar_infidel at May 24, 2008,
i don't see why you find satin annoying, but that's just me. You can't really take it off, you'd have to polish it. I don't like shiny, polished necks because they're sticky and impede fast playing, but its all personal preference.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
yeah, but the standard mexi strats don't have this sticky feeling to them, how can i get it more like that, without buying a new neck?
EDIT: i don't think "satin" is what i think it is. I'm talking about a sticky coat on my neck, thats on the fretted side, and the back of it.
My Gear:
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Last edited by guitar_infidel at May 24, 2008,
use glass paper and sand it off?
i would leave it on the fretboard there is no need in taking it off.
it will probs look good in years to come when it wears off naturally too

xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
No... I have a satin neck on my telecaster and its certainly as smooth as butter..so I don't know what you're talking about.
yeah, but i used the word "satin" wrong, i got it mixed up with the sticky clear coat. satin does quite the opposite right? it's not sticky i presume...
My Gear:
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Satin = low gloss finish (less sticky)

If you remove the finish the neck will take on a dirty look after extensive playing. You can sand it down a bit and polish to remove the glossiness and it won't feel as sticky.