Page 1 of 2
Alright, so to be sure we're all on the same page to begin with, when you walk into a convenience store, behind the counter you see the cigarettes, right? Right.

So this fine evening I walk to my local conveience store to buy a slushie and some chocolate bars. I get into line, and immediately notice something....different.
The cigarettes are gone.
Oh. Wait. No they aren't. They're behind this swinging case-type thing-a-ma-****ing-jig.

Now, I guess the idea of these things are so that little kids don't see the smokes behind the counter and go "ooh, I want those." But the entire idea is stupid. They'll see the clerk swing open the friggin case to get them out, and they see the bagillion lighters littered around the counter.

"So if it doesn't do anything, why make a huff, John?" You may be asking. That is a good question, complete with a good answer.

The time it took to decide to put up these ****ign things probably could've been spent, I don't know, worrying about other things? Now I don't know whether Mac's decided to put these up, or the city of windsor did, but either way, it's a waste of both of their time. Especially the city's.

Then, secondly. These thigns are a major hassle for the clerk, I waited in line for ages because she couldn't find the right smokes the guy wanted, and I'm not one to be picky, but if you are a conveience sotre, maybe you should be a little more....convenient?

So to the asshole who came up with this idea. Thanks a buttload. you wasted my time. You wasted every customer whoever walks into a conveience store's time, you made the clerk of tyhe store look like a fool, and lastly. YOU MADE NO GOD DAMN CHANGE.
i really couldn't care less... i'm from a small town, not a big city. being delayed a couple of minutes isn't even something i would consider bad.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Amazing.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Last edited by Dilweed at May 24, 2008,
Stop whining...
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Quote by paranoideyes
i really couldn't care less... i'm from a small town, not a big city. being delayed a couple of minutes isn't even something i would consider bad.

You know what, it isn't. I agree. But that, along with all the other stupid things that go along with this, just makes me so angry that some people are so stupid as to come up with this ****.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
Quote by Burdell
what flavor slushie did you get?

It's red. I have no clue what the flavour is.
Red and sugar flavour.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
I do not care whatsoever.

+1028730

i feel like a smoke

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by SuperBlob
Jawn, this is exactly why you don't post in the Pit

NO U

Yeah, I never seem to learn my lesson, do I?
no

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
i like supermarkets more
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by DanielQ
why do you care? you wasted your own time posting this...

anyone else feel the irony?

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by original=punk
It's red. I have no clue what the flavour is.
Red and sugar flavour.

well, theres your problem right there. the flavor of a slushie is directly proportional to happiness derived from consuming the slushie. how can the slushie satisfy you if you are unsure of the flavor?
The macs here (in oakville) did the same thing. But I could not care whatsoverer... now when they are searching for the smokes.. gives me a better chance to shoplift

oh and yes it is stupid and useless.. but alot of things in this world are.. the decline of the electric car, pollution, texans, amount of money spent on useless things, germans.. I could go on
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Last edited by Ultimate_Gio92 at May 24, 2008,
Quote by DanielQ
why do you care? you wasted your own time posting this...

I also wasted yours reading it :P

But honestly, I'm watching Bill & Ted right now, so my time being wasted isn't the first thing I have to worry about, it's my IQ dropping as a result of the stupidity of this movie. It's only saving grace is George Carlin.
I'll have to agree with the TS on this one, it is a useless idea, it's not going to stop anyone from smoking, I heard a commercial about it at work this morning on the radio and they said "out of sight, out of mind" nobody goes into a store and says, wow !! look at the pretty packages, I think I want to start smoking. that's not how people start.
Quote by original=punk
I also wasted yours reading it :P

But honestly, I'm watching Bill & Ted right now, so my time being wasted isn't the first thing I have to worry about, it's my IQ dropping as a result of the stupidity of this movie. It's only saving grace is George Carlin.

dissin bill and ted?

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Pikachu could save you...
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

haha!

good point!
I agree with ''terminator'' xD
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I knew this would happen ages ago. If you kept up with this sort of thing, you could have formed a pressure group and gone mad over it in real life instead.
ohh goodie then.

in my town you buy a card and put it in a machine!
thats hi-tech ya
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Page 1 of 2