http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-PGX14-Wireless-GuitarBass-System?sku=270670

^-One of my local stores is clearing out their shelves, and they're putting discounts on items that have not been sold in 1 year.

I can get one of those brand new (still factory sealed) for $199.99.

I know I don't need wireless, but I'm thinking it would be a pretty nice deal.

Should I, or should I not pick it up?

Also, would that system be classified as low-end or high?
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard (Cherry finish)
Ibanez JS1000 (Black Pearl finish)

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Bugera 333XL Head (Coming Soon)
Avatar G212H Special (Coming Soon)
Crate FW15R
Do you need it? are you in a band that gigs frequently? if not then no don't get it.

my 2 cents
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
I say it would be a really fun tool to have if you want to spend the $200. I'd love to jam cordless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Only if you gig at least every once in a while, otherwise it'll just collect dust or get in the way.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Unless you're made of money and routinely go more than 30 or so feet from your rig at a lot of gigs, it's a pretty frivolous buy. Plus, RF is getting jammed...wireless technology ballooned way too fast, and I'd never want to risk having my signal get dropped or stepped on in the middle of a gig.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i'll bet you you can haggle that down to 170. 150 if you're a master haggler
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Shure makes a good unit. This one you have a link to is in the 18Mhz range so it is off of most HAM and such frequencies. If you have the $199 to blow, I'd say it would be worth it.

+1 to the above, I'd always at least try to get a better price. Worst they can do is say "no".

Chris
Kinda hard to haggle. I guess i'll pick it up. I was deciding to pick up wireless once I started gigging more often. But you don't see this kind of deal everyday, normal $380 -> discount $200.
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R
^--- YEP! I agree! If you have the two bills....GO FOR IT! Let us know how it works out .

Chris
Mmhmm. I'll post a review once I get it on Tuesday. Since it was in stock in their New Jersey store, and not here, I'm having them ship it to the store where I live.

Also, having wireless would let me do onstage backflips =P (which I can do)

Another thing would be that, since I also play the electric violin, having a light-weight cable is alot better than draggin around my 10-footer when playing such a light instrument.

Yet another thing I thought of is, seeing the price and quailty, the sound quality would be pretty nice. As I have crap cables right now, its actually not that much more expensive than high-quality cables (and I can go much further away from my amp, i have 10-feet cables right now).
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R
I'd go for it
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
win win dude
you could buy it use it and love it
or turn around and sell as mentioned above
you'd probably make at least 50 bucks on it
sweet deal you found
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE