So after about two hours of work and two broken strings, I mangaged to change the strings on my Schecter for the first time. But I noticed fret buzz on the "A" and "low E" string. I am not sure what size gauge strings were on my guitar stock, but I changed the strings to Ernie Ball heavy bottoms.

So what are some reasons that would cause this buzz?
lmao. you're supposed to use 9-42. there's your problem. hurry up and change the,m or you will ruinyour neck.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
what kind of bridge does it have?
if it is a floating bridge you probably only have to lift it up a little.

about a non-tremolo bridge i dont know, as ive never had one lol
my new strings are .10-.52...i doubt thats enough to harm my neck. As for the bridge, its a non-tremolo.
It could also be a nut problem or the action.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by apak
lmao. you're supposed to use 9-42. there's your problem. hurry up and change the,m or you will ruinyour neck.

i use 10-52's on my schecter and have never had a problem, you might have to adjust the bridge a little bit to get rid of the buzz
Well i've only been playing the guitar for about a month and a half, and i've only had my schecter for 2 1/2 weeks. Since I have no experience with setting up guitars, would my best bet be to take it in to GuitarCenter or a local shop and get it set up?
you were supposed to set up the guitar when you bought it. for fret dressing and stuff. wait. never mind, schecters come set up. raise the action, thicker strings give me buzz until i raise the action.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
If you're going to get a setup go to a local shop. The setups at the Guitar Centers are usually really shoddy.
D:
Signature.
you should have 2mm string height in the 12th fret btw.

thats basically everything you have to know. check the manual if you dont know how to lift the bridge up, and you'll hopefully be fine. just make sure you losen up the strings a little bit first not to break them :P yeah it happened to me before. im such a noob : D