I were at a friends house and i tested his dad's guitar. it was one of the most comfortable guitars i've ever tried! It was an Ibanez (Les Paul). I went to the store and they told me Ibanez stopped making Les Paul copies in the 70's. Now the thing is I try to find a Les Paul on Ebay and stuff like that but I don't know which year that guitar i tried were from. You know anything about which year were the best? Are there any other simular guitar to the Les Paul Ibanez (I don't really like the epiphanez).

I'm sorry for my bad english but please try to understand and help me
Have a nice day!

//Kallegubben
Ibanez does currently build LP shaped guitars, the ART line to be exact. Look for the ART120 and ART320 on musiciansfriend. Those are damn fine guitars I must say.
You didn't mention the Gibson Les Pauls. Try those. Pretty much the most famous electric guitar ever
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
most of the ibanez ones should be fairly similar and i was looking to get one myself. if u want a new one go for agile.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
this is kinda related to the thread, but how much would a pre-lawsuit ibanez les paul run for now? cuz theres a couple on ebay that are around the $500 range but im not sure if theyre real
Last edited by [P|E|R|S|O|N] at May 24, 2008,
Les paul standard 60s neck.. Pure sexness!
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
well if gibsons are out of your price range,
i seriously doubt you will be able to afford a kick-ass guitar from the 70s

or i may be way of on this one...
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
theres a bunch of law suit companies that made 70s les pauls. some are very affordable (500-600) range. wiki it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Epi LP standard, Agile AL-3000/2800/2500, Ibanez ART line, or Epi LP custom.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by TheQuailman
Ibanez does currently build LP shaped guitars, the ART line to be exact. Look for the ART120 and ART320 on musiciansfriend. Those are damn fine guitars I must say.

Those are Semi-hollows
Ibanez' old lawsuit Pauls run for anywhere between $300 - $1200 American. It depends on features - Customs and set-necks are more desirable, etc.

As someone else mentioned, the Ibanez Artist line contains some amazing pieces of work. Around $700 typically.

If you're strictly into old Japanesse copies like that Ibanez, look into Burny, Greco, and Tokai. Orville as well, but they're really Gibson Japan. Anywhere from $400 - +$900.
I think its funny when people say stuff about Ibanez lawsuit guitars and people are like "OMFG NO IT WUZ MAED BY GIBSHUN LOL U SHUD GET 1!!!!!!"

Oh and the ibanez art guitars are horrible in my opinion.
terrible sustain....
I don't even shred
Try ESP LTD EC 400, 500 or 1000. They range from $400-900 or Ibanez Art 300 which is $399
i suggest you get those MIJ Les Paul copies like what Flying Couch said. they make really good les paul copies. also try the Edwards by ESP. those edwards les paul copies are sweet.