I'm pretty interested in the Fender Lite Ash Telecaster, but nowhere can I find how thick the neck is. Thickness at the 12th fret would be best, but anywhere along the neck would still be very useful. Does anybody have any answers?

I'm also considering getting a PRS Tremonti SE and an Ibanez AS73, but I'm preferring the Lite Ash currently, so any general musings about that lot would be welcome too.

it's going to be a C shape. tele's are usually a bit barrel feel. but i can say i remember exactly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Cheers.

My current guitar is a C-shape, and has a 10" radius with 21mm at the 12th fret.
The Lite Ash has a 9.5" radius, and I still don't have any idea about neck thickness.

Will that 0.5" radius difference be that noticeable?
I don't know anything about measurements, but I've played a lite ash tele and though the sound and looks were absolutely awesome, the neck felt a bit chunky and to be honest more like a D than a C neck.

Know that I have women-size hands though, your experience might be totally different.

edit:

in comparison to those other guitars you mentioned, I'd definately have to say the lite ash tele is most value for money.
honestly, i'm not sure that i notice too much of a difference after a while. i've got more than 10 guitars now, and there's usually a song or two adjustment time, but usually i play each guitar to it's specifications.
adjusting my grip to get the most out of it.

it's not going to feel thin like most ibanez, and it'll be thicker than a strat, but smaller and more round than an LP.

that's the usual tele feel. in addition, the body probably wont be contoured, so the guitar will sit a bit out from ur body.

things like that REALLY bother some players, but it really depends on you, what you are used to playing now and if the tele tone is worth the added weight and neck feel.

i wish i could tell you exact radius but i do know how you can find out.

all you need to do is go to fender.com, click on contact us, and shoot them an email.

it's a holiday weekend here, but they'll give you an answer by monday.

also, he's not on all the time, but i know that danno13 has a lite ash fender. i forget the model. but he's hot and cold about it. so you might want to shoot him a PM too.

good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at May 25, 2008,