Neither one of them are very good. What type of music do you want to play? What guitar are you playing through? what amp do you currently own?
I would recommend neither of those. What is your budget, and what kind of music do you play? Where do you play it? What kind of guitar do you have, and what pedals do you use?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Are you ****ting me?
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
wow you should never have posted that here. put up your flame wall. haha. would you mind buying used? i mean theyre like half price used.
why do you post only crappy amps. i dont get that. wtf. crate, line 6, mg. wtf is that
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
You'll get horrible bashing for thinking about thse two amps. Both are usable as practice amps, but sound bad at louder volumes. Hence there is no point in buying a version with lots of power.

If you want a powerful combo but don't have the money for a tube amp, look at this. It sounds far better than the amps you linked to and has some (very decent) built in effects.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-VOX-AD100VT-LIST
yea, whatever you get, get it used like apak said. mine was $250 plus shipping off of ebay for a normally $700 amp, and its only four years old.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
i don't see what's so bad about these amps? i have a jackson dinky left handed, and i am currently borrowing my friends 15w zoom which is sick (i droped my marshall down a set of stairs and ****ed it up, ).
Quote by steve.
i don't see what's so bad about these amps? i have a jackson dinky left handed, and i am currently borrowing my friends 15w zoom which is sick (i droped my marshall down a set of stairs and ****ed it up, ).

Those amps are notorious for being pretty bad for their price and size.
D:
Signature.
k, how about you reccemend me an amp for gigging, thats around a 550 dollar price range
They are ok as practice amps...the MG cuts a lot of corners, but I actually KIND OF like the Line 6 as a practice amp. But they sound awful when they are turned up loud, and tubes are simply superior.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Steve, those amps are really only good for bedroom practice. Solid state amps have a tendency to sound okay at low volumes and worse at higher volumes, hence getting a 15 watt spider or mg is okay (though there are better ones out there for the same price), but a combo that is big enough for gigging is out of the question, simply because it will start sounding horrible when it's being used at gig-volumes. An exception to the rule is the Valvetronix I posted a link to earlier.
Quote by Artemis Entreri

anyone even know what speakers are in that thing? I haven't been able to find out. You know it's not good when even on the Crate site it just says "Two 12 inch speakers" under the specs.
Probably just crappy crate speakers. It's really not a bad amp. It's better than the VK IMO. It just needs a new set of speakers to be worth it.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712