Page 1 of 3
Most of my cd collection is full of bands and musicians who used drugs at that time-Floyd/Zep/Miles Davis/Metallica/John Coltrane etc. Sad but true that this is the case. Discuss.
I believe you mean "Most of the Music that I listen to is Written By Those On Drugs".
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Yes, most of the best music is written by those on drugs, but theres still a lot of good music that isn't.

I like drugs though so I agree.
Other than Piper at the Gates of Dawn with Syd Barret, Pink Floyd never used drugs. So what's your point?
Guitar: G&L Tribute S-500
Amp: Fender Blues Deluxe
Pedals: Zvex Box of Rock
Quote by metaldud536
Drugs? No they used Sensu beans n00b.

You should have stopped at the pokemon references. The DBZ references really aren't funny, you are trying too hard.
Drugs "release creativity"
Maybe that's why I can't write...
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by deputysalty
Other than Piper at the Gates of Dawn with Syd Barret, Pink Floyd never used drugs. So what's your point?

His point is that the only good music is written by drug users.

Quote by lceman13
You should have stopped at the pokemon references. The DBZ references really aren't funny, you are trying too hard.

Quote by Matty_V
Burn!

I only wanted to be loved.
I find alot of my songwriting is derived from past acid trips, I moved away from the drug scene for now though, costs too much and too much of a risk getting caught, so I find it a tidbit pointless to spend money on something (that'll make me feel amazing) instead of spending it on something I can use in my music.

every now and then I'll order a pack of morning glory seeds online (So they're not coated) and get more inspiration!

IM me if you wanna see some of my lyrics
Quote by lceman13

Burn!
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Quote by tuwyci
Most of my cd collection is full of bands and musicians who used drugs at that time-Floyd/Zep/Miles Davis/Metallica/John Coltrane etc. Sad but true that this is the case. Discuss.

Tell that to Henry Rollins.
Frank Zappa destroys your entire argument.

Also, I'm pretty sure Roger Waters and The Doors weren't huge drug users. (I know The Doors weren't during the first two albums at least. Morrison started a bit later.)
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by wilty00
Pink Floyd were not drug users.

but i lieks teh dark zide of teh m00n wen i iz smokin teh weed
I write music sober, and my music pwns all.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by deputysalty

Not true, didn't the keyboardist and Gilmour have a heroin habit?
SPIG: Have you yourself taken LSD?

DG: A few times, but LSD was clearly not our thing. After all, the man I have replaced, Syd Barrett, has suffered real damage from LSD and similar drugs. He was useless [after that]. I haven't seen him for 20 years. He lives in a house in Cambridge, goes shopping and washes his clothes in a launderette. But that is about all he is capable of doing.
Quote by tuwyci

Pun intended???
Shane MacGowan. He wrote some of the most beautiful songs ever whilst piss-face drunk. Fairytale of New York would not exist without alcohol.
Quote by GoDrex
Jazz wouldn't be as we know it without pot. Louis Armstrong smoked weed every day of his life.

you mean heroin! They were all Junkies Davis, Traine, Chet Baker etc
"Most of the Best Music is Written By Those On Drugs"

You mean Michael Jackson took drugs?! I'm never going to think of him in the same light again. And to think I always saw him as such a moral compass...

It's such a shame.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Metallica? I'm sure they do drugs, but they're hardly a drug band like Pink Floyd or Hendrix. =/
And I mean that in the best possible way.
Quote by metaldud536
Drugs? No they used Sensu beans n00b.

There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
I think those bands you listed used drugs.

Judging by the posts, apparently only a couple were.

Drugs are unnecessary when writing music. If you NEED drugs to write music you probably shouldn't be writing music.

by NEED, I mean that it would be a necessity.
the best music is written by people who have practiced and trained for years to master their instrument. the drugs dont make them good, the work does. drugs make you lazy, and all they really do is make you think you are playing better. the best music is not written by useless stoners playing in their parents basement after they get back from their jobs at vons.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Severed-metal and Zugunruhe have posted the most intelligent posts so far in this thread.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by Zugunruhe
the best music is written by people who have practiced and trained for years to master their instrument. the drugs dont make them good, the work does. drugs make you lazy, and all they really do is make you think you are playing better. the best music is not written by useless stoners playing in their parents basement after they get back from their jobs at vons.

No, but tons of great music was made by normal stoners, not the types you described. Not to say that most great music was done with the help of drugs, but still a recognizable portion.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by JakeTheDuck
No, but tons of great music was made by normal stoners, not the types you described. Not to say that most great music was done with the help of drugs, but still a recognizable portion.
who are you reefering to?

my point is that doing drugs doesnt make you better. working and practicing does. once you are a world class musician, do all the drugs you want. but until then, doing drugs wont help you.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Page 1 of 3