Some of the tabs online are far from correct! I have only recently been playing, but when I see some tabs posted on here and other sites, for instance where it says strum once but when you listen to the song, and see other people playing it on youtube and you know it is like 4-5 strums not just 1 which is mentioned, what is going on! It is not exactly easy for beginner like me, to learn when there is so many different tabs to play one song!
You have to find the tabs that are rated 4 or 5 stars. And don't forget, the tabs on UG were figured out by ear, not by professionals or the musician who wrote the song
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Thats why a lot of people hate tablature. It is a helpful tool to try and figure out songs for yourself and should only be used as a guideline most of the time. There are tabs that are rated at 5 stars that are pretty damn close to perfect, but always keep in mind it is just an interpretation of what someone else hears.
Quote by MRWHITE35
Some of the tabs online are far from correct!
Yeah, "it" happens.

Quote by MRWHITE35
I have only recently been playing, but when I see some tabs posted on here and other sites, for instance where it says strum once but when you listen to the song, and see other people playing it on youtube and you know it is like 4-5 strums not just 1 which is mentioned, what is going on!
We couldn't care less what happens on other sites.
If you have problems with what they're doing, take it up with them, not UG, k?

tabs aren't perfect.
i'd be much less concerned with tabs that were inaccurate because of strumming,
than those with wrong notes.
tabs on UG are written by others just like you and me.
no one pays them to do this. they're donated, free of charge.
rate highly the tabs that are more accurate and rate poorly the ones that are bad.

you might be able to get better tabs
that are written by the bands and artists who play the songs, through their publishers.
however you will have to pay for those.

considering the price you pay for tabs on UG (free),
you're getting quite a bargain, even if a few of the tabs aren't completely accurate.

Quote by MRWHITE35
It is not exactly easy for beginner like me, to learn when there is so many different tabs to play one song!
object lesson #1. life isn't always easy.
do the best you can with what you have to work with.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.