Page 1 of 2
Okay,
me and my friend we're walking along a sidewalk and notice a squirrell (sorry if i spelt it wrong) that looked dead. we continued onto the CVS. on our way back we saw it again but this time it was breathing...so now we get creeped out and now it starts to fricken move. so we see it's eyes open and it's hands move but it's on the ground with it's legs broken (i could tell because they looked crushed together and he was only crawling with no movement from the legs at all) so we figure no one would feed it or care for it, so why let it just die there in misery and pain. we decided to lay it to rest...so we did. and afterwards we buried it and put up a little plaque of what we could find nearby (a metal pole and a log)

so is this bad or were we doing the right thing?

if it's bad and animal cruelty i am so ****in sorry...seriously i would never hurt an animal unless i felt it was neccessary.

sure you could think it was just a squirrell but just seeing it hopelessly squirming made me feel horrible for it, if i was that squirrell i would want to die...
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
I respect your decision. If the poor thing was going to die anyways, why not put it out of its misery? Vets do the same thing to suffering dogs and cats. You did what a lot of people wouldn't do, and I think that's great.
MUSIC can lift us out of depression or move us to tears- it is a remedy, a tonic, orange juice for the ear.
~Oliver Sacks

"You get smaller while the world gets big
The more you know you know you don't know shit"
I'd say it was for the best. If it was in misery, then kill it. You did the right thing
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

how did you kill it?
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
it would only be cruelty if you killed it for fun, which you didn't.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
From the sound of things, you did it a favour. If you'd taken it to the vets, it would have suffered physically during the journey, as well as the stress a wild animal would probably experience at being handled.
Quote by Mleeisme
I respect your decision. If the poor thing was going to die anyways, why not put it out of its misery? Vets do the same thing to suffering dogs and cats. You did what a lot of people wouldn't do, and I think that's great.

i concur

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
for the how did i kill it parts, my friend hit it with a metal pole nearby, killing it with one shot to the head, you demented bastards...
Quote by imdeth
Quote by the humanity
Yeah you did the right thing TS.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I think you did the right thing.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Good for you. Just as long as you didn't torture it when you killed it, than you did the right thing. Which brings me to the nexy question, how did you kill it?

Edit: Nevermind the question, I just read how you killed it. You did the right thing.
Quote by Shaned
for the how did i kill it parts, my friend hit it with a metal pole nearby, killing it with one shot to the head, you demented bastards...

How you did it could determine whether or not it was animal abuse.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by SOADrox429
How you did it could determine whether or not it was animal abuse.

one shot to the head...simple and that's it but we tried moving it with the pole to make sure it's legs were broken, so we were originally going to put it off the sidewalk into the bushes to the side, but we figured it'd still rot there.

but just seeing the blood rush to it's eyes and watch it come out of his mouth made me verrrry unsure of what we did

EDIT: and i quoted you the humanity
Quote by imdeth
Quote by the humanity
Last edited by Shaned at May 24, 2008,
Quote by Shaned
one shot to the head...simple and that's it but we tried moving it with the pole to make sure it's legs were broken, so we were originally going to put it off the sidewalk into the bushes to the side, but we figured it'd still rot there.

but just seeing the blood rush to it's eyes and watch it come out of his mouth made me verrrry unsure of what we did

A necessary evil. You did fine.

Let me quote Kingdom of Heaven, "God will understand, and if he doesn't, then he is not God, and we need not worry."
It was still the right thing to do.

I would rather die instantly instead of slowly with broken legs.
Quote by Shaned

Kudos to you my friend

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Awesome. How did you kill it?
I would probably just keep on walking.
You shouldn't feel bad. You did the right thing.

When I was a little kid I was in a farm with some friends, and we found a sheep that wounded itself with a spikes fence.
We took a wheelbarrow, and took it to where the adults were (one of our parents is a veterinary). The other day I discovered that he killed the sheep.
You basically did the same thing.

EDIT: I just read that you hit it.
Well done.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at May 24, 2008,
to urik:

i didn't shoot it, my friend hit it with a metal pole

to soadrox429:

my friend took a picture of the squirrell with his phone but he deleted it out of respect.
Quote by imdeth
Quote by the humanity
Quote by i bleed metal
Let me quote Kingdom of Heaven, "God will understand, and if he doesn't, then he is not God, and we need not worry."

Dumbest quote ever.

I would have let it be, honestly. I don't condone what you did, but I can understand the reasoning behind it as well.

-SD
how sweet. I'm quoted.
of all the stupid bs I've said, that gets quoted? lol
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You did the right thing, its harder than it looks though... Ive done this twice, one with a crow and one with a hedgehog. I got the same look from them as i got from my cat the morning before she had to get put to sleep, that tired 'throwing in the towel' look
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I think you did the right thing.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Shaned

Well from the OP I got the impression that you just buried it without killing it.
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

lol. you whacked it in the head with a pole. NIIIIIIIIICE. sounds like something i would do.
click here to go my profile
im coming for you...
Ts Is A Cereall Killeerr!
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Page 1 of 2