Hi all! I've been lurking on this site today and decided to join! It's a great place and has already answered some of my questions. I'm a beginner and I had a question. I've read some really cool things on here but haven't found this......

Where is a good place to begin? I'm sure learning to read the notes, terms, ect. then playing the notes would be a good place. Do you guys have any links or something that could point me in the right direction where to start?

Thanks a lot!
I'd say learn easy stuff like bar chords or power chords and notes.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
barre chords are difficult, wait a few months for your fingers to get strong.Learn open chords ADCEFG, skip B that one's tricky. Also go to this website justinguitar (This guy is awesome) Click on basic lessons and go from there.
Just work on playing your open chords, and definitely work on chord switching, that way you can play the chords cleanly AND switch to other chords quickly and accurately.
Is there a website or something where I can make sure I cover ALL the basics at one time and not miss anything?

Thanks
Quote by GamecockFan
Is there a website or something where I can make sure I cover ALL the basics at one time and not miss anything?

Thanks

like stated above
www.justinguitar.com is great
just do the Basicis and Beginner Course
those will get u started
Gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 112V
Roland Cube 20X

www.justinguitar.com
Very, VERY, helpful site!! Free, too.