I Recently recieved a guitar and am obsessed with it. (recently being a month or so ago) My parents are going to let me take lessons, but track is in season and they want me to get it over with.
But instead of sitting around,staring at a perfectly good guitar. I decided to learn some things. At first i learned the basic chords (E,A,D, and the one's along those lines) along with some of the scales to go with it. This didn't impress anyone, so i decided to whip up the UG and learn some thing, and this is what i'v ecome to.
1.Enter sandman intro
2.This is halloween (marilyn manson)
3.pretty much the whole "Ohio is for lvoers"
4.Most of iron man (the solo's are very iffy)
5.She hates me
6.godzilla (the easier stuff)
7.crazy train to an extint
8.Pretty much every three days grace song (literally)
9.beautiful people
10.seek and destroy, my personal favorite to play atm (metallica)
11. A few more, but nothing amazing that sticks out.

I just wanted to see if im doing ok and if I'm going the right directions without lessons for another week or so.
pretty good if you just started playing, which i'm assuming you did
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
For a month thats pretty good lol

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
Yeh i never really touched a guitar much before than. Earliest i remember is grabbing an acoustic and wincing at the noises i made with it when i was 5 lol
Lol i tried the intro to through the fire and flames, its simple...but after that im lost ( i did learn to make some cool noises from herman on youtube though)
OH! and my gear is...a starcaster and some type of transtube...I'm not at home atm and completely forgot...
you are your ultimate judge. learn some theory though, ya little wanger.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by vitalpriest
OH! and my gear is...a starcaster and some type of transtube...I'm not at home atm and completely forgot...

What guitar is that? I want one!

lol
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.
yuckand a starcaster is a discontinued one from 1978...they are very rare and aren't worht much. I just lucked out and baught one at a local pawn shop. ( i googled it a nd junk first =])
Quote by vitalpriest
lol explain this theory? and whats a wanger?

ex. scales, chords, stuff like that. and a wanger is one who uses a wang. which can refer to anybody, as long as they aint a virginal girlchild.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by vitalpriest
yuckand a starcaster is a discontinued one from 1978...they are very rare and aren't worht much. I just lucked out and baught one at a local pawn shop. ( i googled it a nd junk first =])

Zomg ize an idiot, I thought 'twas a spelling error, and I lightly ribbed as due.
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

The most important part of guitar playing is developing style. i bet you've got your own unique fingerings for songs. thatss the beginning of style.......
A starcaster is a bottom of the line, Fender, generally sold at Target, in my experiences.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
i see, i plan on learning some in lessons next week or the week after. Just depends on whe n i start
There are two kinds of Starcasters! Starcaster by Fender, the aforementioned, and the rather nice looking hollow-body Fender Starcaster...
Quote by LgLagro

Is it like this 'un?
Quote by LgLagro

Just make sure you start out on an acoustic, it will DRAMATICALLY increase your finger strength and how far they can stretch. If you already have an electric, I suggest buying a cheap acoustic and practice on that for about a year first.

I know it sounds boring as all ****, but it will really help you when you start playing Yngwie, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Dream Theater type stuff. (If you want to become that good.)

Hope that helped ya.