Well I've been playing guitar for 17 Months (1 Year 5 Months) as of tomorrow.

And to be the best guitar player i can be i would like to know what do i learn next?

I already know how to:
Alt. Pick pretty well
Pinch Harmonics
Palm Mute
Hammer-ons/ Pull-offs
A handful of Chords
Basic 3 Finger tapping(For Example the song Endless by Unearth)
The G Major Scale(Yea thats the only Full Scale i Know)
Power Chords
I can usually play any tab i look with like 10 minutes of Practicing(Except Solos)
I can do Natural Harmonics pretty good

Yea thats most of the stuff i can do.

So for me to be the best guitarist i can be what should i learn next?

Videos and/or Websites that are good or that helped you learn this stuff would be appreciated.

BTW, I am self taught no Guitar Lessons, unless you count some Youtube videos and pointers from other guitarists.

EDIT: Here's my Youtube account to show you how i play.

http://youtube.com/user/iizanthonybuck

I don't Have my Video Camera anymore so i can't make any videos until i get a new one.
Last edited by IizAnthonyBuck at May 24, 2008,
Start working on some easy solos. Get them note for note and clean then work your way up.
Quote by GerGuam
Start working on some easy solos. Get them note for note and clean then work your way up.

Is there any song you have in mind, preferably Hardcore/Metal some where in between those kinds of music.
^Peace Sells by Megadeth has many solo fill ranging from easy to hard, its a very good song to work on soloing.
Quote by diminishedtobme
^Peace Sells by Megadeth has many solo fill ranging from easy to hard, its a very good song to work on soloing.

All right I'll start listening/playing it ASAP

Thanks!
Can you play in a key? I think the main thing you're missing is music theory knowledge and understanding.

If you need to work on a technical issue, get that little finger to relax and keep it closer to the fretboard. Check out my lessons in my sig for help.
Quote by IizAnthonyBuck
Well I've been playing guitar for 17 Months (1 Year 5 Months) as of tomorrow.

And to be the best guitar player i can be i would like to know what do i learn next?

I already know how to:
Alt. Pick pretty well
Pinch Harmonics
Palm Mute
Hammer-ons/ Pull-offs
A handful of Chords
Basic 3 Finger tapping(For Example the song Endless by Unearth)
The G Major Scale(Yea thats the only Full Scale i Know)
Power Chords
I can usually play any tab i look with like 10 minutes of Practicing(Except Solos)
I can do Natural Harmonics pretty good

Yea thats most of the stuff i can do.

So for me to be the best guitarist i can be what should i learn next?

Videos and/or Websites that are good or that helped you learn this stuff would be appreciated.

BTW, I am self taught no Guitar Lessons, unless you count some Youtube videos and pointers from other guitarists.

EDIT: Here's my Youtube account to show you how i play.

http://youtube.com/user/iizanthonybuck

I don't Have my Video Camera anymore so i can't make any videos until i get a new one.

Learn a truckload of chords.
But first learn one chord, Gmaj for instance, then find it all over the fretboard in all it's forms. Your improvisation skills will increase by a lot in terms of fretbopard knowledge so that you're not always stuck in that little box.

While you're on chords, learn how to do arpeggios (broken chords[No, not sweeping... ]) Just basic picking patterns in arpeggios. Time of your life is pretty much based around arpeggios and strumming. Learn where the notes are on the fretboard.

Right now you're at a stage where you've gone on the first date but really don't know her too well. You want to be at the stage where you can tickle her every fancy at will.

But most of all, have fun.
hue
Thanks for the help, I'm starting to do some of those lessons

And sock demon is there a Guitar Pro or a Youtube Video that you know of that can help me with helping my Chord improvisation?

Because I get distracted to easily if i just try to figure stuff out on the fretboard, like I'll be figuring something out for like 5mins. then I'll start playing a song or a riff or whatever.
Quote by IizAnthonyBuck
Thanks for the help, I'm starting to do some of those lessons

And sock demon is there a Guitar Pro or a Youtube Video that you know of that can help me with helping my Chord improvisation?

Because I get distracted to easily if i just try to figure stuff out on the fretboard, like I'll be figuring something out for like 5mins. then I'll start playing a song or a riff or whatever.

here is where you use a speacial techniqu called CONCENTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

learn sweeping, and tapping and learn something like: iron maiden - the trooper
or the entersandman solo.