Posted it in guitar forum and got no answers so I thought I'd try my luck here.

I've finally settled on a Valveking. I like the 2x12 but I think I'd rather have the head. In light of the fact that it's memorial day weekend, GC will be having a sale monday so I'm thinking of picking the head up then, but they don't have any 2x12 cabs there so I'm planning on getting either a Mesa or an Avatar later.

One problem, I'm not going to have enough for the head and the cab now, but I want to take advantage of the sale. Would it be possible for me to run the head through my MG250 combo's speakers until I can get the money for a cab?
if the amp is not hardwired to the speakers and the impedance is right, then yes.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
The speakers can be disconnected from the amp. By impedance you mean ohms right?
Quote by zhunt1130
The speakers can be disconnected from the amp. By impedance you mean ohms right?

Yup he means Ohm's.. Either look and see what speaker says on the back of it or break out the multimeter and your good to go. And good choice on the head over the combo...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup he means Ohm's.. Either look and see what speaker says on the back of it or break out the multimeter and your good to go. And good choice on the head over the combo...

Cool well the head runs at 4, 8 and 16 so there shouldn't be a problem. I the speakers are actually cover so I can't see them but it has 8 with an Omega letter next to it so I'd assume that means 8ohms. Would this mean set the amp to 4 or 16? Sorry this will be my first tube amp so I have no experience with them.

I chose the head b/c I'm going to get a cab with it(obviously) and I figured I could use the cab later on down the line when my wallet has a little more padding to it and I can afford a Recto.
Quote by zhunt1130
Cool well the head runs at 4, 8 and 16 so there shouldn't be a problem. I the speakers are actually cover so I can't see them but it has 8 with an Omega letter next to it so I'd assume that means 8ohms. Would this mean set the amp to 4 or 16? Sorry this will be my first tube amp so I have no experience with them.

I chose the head b/c I'm going to get a cab with it(obviously) and I figured I could use the cab later on down the line when my wallet has a little more padding to it and I can afford a Recto.

Two 8 ohm speakers in parallel will get you 4 ohms.
Two 8 ohm speakers in series will get you 16 ohms.

Purchased my VK for pretty much the same reason...