hey,i was thinking of getting a replacement for my pickups as i find them not good enough.i was thinking of getting a di marzio tone zone and air norton but as always you wont get to try the pickups until you fit it into your guitar.i was wondering if it would sound nice if i were to put it into my fender highway 1 showmaster.i usually play lots of metal of a high output pickup would come in handy.mostly metallica,buckethead and children of bodom.thanks for your feedback....
Dimarzio Breed/Evolution
EMG 81/60
Seymour Duncan JB/59

Any of those will give you the killer/versitile tone you are looking for.
A Fender Highway 1 showmaster?

*googles*
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
ya its a fender highway one showmaster HH.its quite "rare" go search for it on yahoo if you want to see how it looks. you mean the tone zone and air norton would not be a good match?
They would work, however I either use or had used all of these pickups, so I can vouch for them. EMGs are excellent, very high/hot output. However, they are active pickups powered by batteries, which means more you will need work done on your axe. If not, EMG's, try Dimarzio Breed in the neck and Evolution in the Bridge. Read reviews on those. The Evo's are very hot. Killer sustain. I could hold out notes for long periods of time. Vai uses them. Breed contrast with the Evo's giving your tone a whole new dimension. JB/59 are not as hot, but works real well.

What kind of amp you using? EFX?
bridge - Drop Sonic
neck - Air Norton
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Screamin Demon is also good. In short, you can't go wrong with Dimarzios. I prefer them over Seymour Duncans. All I can say is do your research (whether it be the company's website, Harmony Central or any other knowledgable website) and do what you're doing now, talking to people. Talk to your guitar tech.
if you get dimarzios and don't like they have a kick ass exchange policy as well
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
i tried the air norton as a neck pickup with my bridge TZ
i didn't like it at all. it was pure mud
i called dimarzio and they suggested the paf pro
only marginally less muddy
then, determining from dimarzio's tone charts for each pickup i chose the Super 2 cuz they are balance on the trebly side which i figured i needed to get me out of the mud.
i called dimarzio and asked if this would be a good combo, and they said that the super 2 would be WAY too hot to go with the TZ. stubborn as i am, i did it anyway.
i think this is a really good combination. it gets a Kyuss tone perfectly. its full sounding. not muddy.
i use a boss mt-2 and a 95Q wah with a MXR super comp.so would the pickups still be suitable for my axe? or should i just get a di marzio super distortion instead?
amp? Although if you're using an MT2 I'm not holding out much hope...chances are it's not going to be worth your while changing the pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com