I'm looking to buy a decent overdrive pedal. Perferablely less then a hundred bucks. I'm trying to achieve a "Klaus Flouride-esq" type sound, if that helps any.

Any recomendations? No muffs. I hate them.
I don't know Klaus but I likee the ODB-3. a bit fuzzy, but yumm.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
I don't know Klaus but I likee the ODB-3. a bit fuzzy, but yumm.

Yeah Klaus is more of an overdrive than anything else. I would look for a used boutique pedal if you can (Fulltone, etc) or take a look a a Digitech Bass Driver. The overdrive is pretty good on it. If you want, I can put a clip up on my profile for you.
Quote by ChorusPedal88
As an ODB-3 owner, go with it, its done me good for the tad of distorted goodness.

However, it is a fuzz rather than an overdrive.

I would say double your budget and go for a Fulltone Bass Drive. I have never regreted getting mine once. I am unable to say that about the ODB-3
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
However, it is a fuzz rather than an overdrive.

not... really. It's... an overdrive pedal, not a distortion or fuzz pedal.

Infact, Boss names their pedals after what they do.
DD? Digital Delay.
DS? Distortion.
OD? Overdrive.
ODB? Over Drive for Bass.
ODB3? the most recent overdrive pedal for bass.

Quote by gm jack
I am unable to say that about the ODB-3

I agree in the sense that an ODB-3 is about as versatile as a sperm whale, but if you're looking for a generic guitar-like overdriven tone... I'd say the ODB is worth its penny.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I have the ODB-3, and am a bit of a distortion freak. The ODB-3 sounds far more like a fuzz than an overdrive. On minimal gain, it can just about pass as an overdrive. Any more and it's a fairly thick distortion. When the gain is past 10-11 o clock, it is definate fuzz.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
I have the ODB-3, and am a bit of a distortion freak. The ODB-3 sounds far more like a fuzz than an overdrive. On minimal gain, it can just about pass as an overdrive. Any more and it's a fairly thick distortion. When the gain is past 10-11 o clock, it is definate fuzz.

Then I doubt you're a distortion freak. If you put it all the way up (or closer to), its very clearly an overdrive sound - and doing so with almost any distortion, fuzz, or OD pedal will begin to sound like an overdrive as you push it that high up.

Distortion and OD sounds are very easy to get mixed up, as they are basically the same sound, one just clips a lot heavier than the other.

Fuzz is very much distinctive from the others, as it is based on square sound waves as opposed to sine sound waves. The ODB3, in my opinion, in no way sounds like a fuzz pedal.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I just find the ODB-3 clips so much that it very quickly resembles a square wave over a "squashed" overdrive or distortion wave. Put a cranked ODB-3 into Audacity, and if you look at the waveform, it does resemble a square wave over a squashed wave.

It may just be where you draw the lines is different. I may call them earlier than you, but I still find by ODB-3 is a fuzz/heavy distortion rather than an overdrive.

EDIT - having just dug out my old ODB-3, I found that by fiddling around I could get satisfactory distortion and fuzz tones (bassed primarily on the EQing on the pedal). However, I could not get one good overdrive sound out of it.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at May 25, 2008,