I have played many great guitars in the 800-1000 range and I do consider that fairly expensive, what is it that you find makes these guitars worth all of the extra money...I'm not talking about the SE's either, those are sub par because I've owned a single cut and a tremonti, and the SE's are overpriced IMO.

So just simply what is it that you find makes these so expensive, and what do you like/dislike about your model (please state). Im just contemplating what to get in a few months. Thanks. DB
I have an American Singlecut with the 10 Top. Can't stand the thing anymore, hence why I'm ridding myself of it.

Few things to keep in mind:
You think a Les Paul is heavy? You have no idea.
Pickups leave most dissatisfied. They're very particular.
The bridge sucks tremendous ass.

IMO, you should get something else. It's good, but you can get something better for the price.
Last edited by Flying Couch at May 24, 2008,
custom 24...I paid for a beautiful guitar, playability is equal to most $1000 guitars. Pickups are the HFS's, which are great stock. For the same price, I should have bought a Parker Mojo (which I did shortly thereafter)
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
i have a mira like alot it a nice play comfertable and light wieght guitar the only thing i dont like is the neck pup but i put a ducan 59 in it and i like it much better
#4 of fender armada WOOTWOOT
Hah, I am amazed at the lack of fanboyism in this thread. I agree that there are much better guitars out there for the money. I wouldn't spend that much money on a guitar when I can use that cash and go to a small custom shop and get a much better quality instrument tailored just to my specs.

I still have gas for one every once in a while, but it is not going to happen. That, and I'm a seven string man.
Absolutely, it was just a suggestion that I've been thinking of. I just thought there'd be some craze about these guitars. Who else would you guys recommend, I'm just looking for something different
Quote by d_byrne23
Absolutely, it was just a suggestion that I've been thinking of. I just thought there'd be some craze about these guitars. Who else would you guys recommend, I'm just looking for something different
Carvin.

CarvinCarvinCarvinCarvin.
I did own a carvin amplifier (MTS) and was thrilled with the service and support received from them. Their catalogue from a few months ago is sitting beside me, they seem a lot more reasonably priced 8-1300 for a great looking and equipped guitar. Any thoughts?
Quote by d_byrne23
I did own a carvin amplifier (MTS) and was thrilled with the service and support received from them. Their catalogue from a few months ago is sitting beside me, they seem a lot more reasonably priced 8-1300 for a great looking and equipped guitar. Any thoughts?
I would custom order one. I'd go with an SC90 or one of the DCs - I've played a few owned by others, they're pretty wild. Twice the guitar for half the cash. And yeah, they're great about service.
Carvin is AMAZING! 3 friends ordered from there, each one was happy.

To be perfectly honest. I wouldn't buy a PRS if I had the money. WAY overpriced. I'd rather just go to Carvin and get a strat or a Luthier and get my dream telecaster done. Hell, maybe buy the stuff and do it myself.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Makes sense guys, appreciate all the honest advice, thanks and ill reopen my catalogue..much appreciated.