Looking for some suggestions for good songs to end our sets with. Something along the lines of classic rock / blues

Right now we've been doing Rock and Roll by Zeppelin, but we're looking for a few more to add. Nothing too ridiculously high in the vocal range, and two guitar parts are better than one.

Just something not super long that really rocks.
Rockin' In the Free World by Neil Young.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Don't De-Rock Me by Tesla is the biggest crowd-pleaser in the world from my experiences.
"There is no hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa
"Say It Ain't So" by Weezer has always been popular to end sets with groups I've played with.

If nothing else, every chick in the place will headbang and throw her fists in the air when the distortion kicks in.

My band always played Red House, not as the last song, but its a good build up to end on a really high note.
detroit rock city - kiss
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Rock and Roll actually is a solid closer, looking at the style your band plays I think maybe a song like White Room by Cream would be a cool closer
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Sixxology
Smells Like Teen Spirit

Played to death anyone?

Personally, I like ending on Mr. Brightside by The Killers. Seeing as though most often people go away with the feeling that is given by the last song of the night, I reckon Brightside perks people up and makes them want to drink more.

Either that or Times Like These - The Foos.

Music can have a deep connection with people, so aim for that in your last song...just make it a good one. Do you want to entertain, amaze or include?
Last edited by Rock God #1 at May 25, 2008,
My band played Pinball Wizard by the Who, went down a treat, that song kicks major ass!

DO IT
DO IT

xx
end with an original tbh it'll leave a great personal impression of the band but if u rlly HAVE to end with an original end with, in the end - linkin park, or behind blue eyes - limp bizkit
Couldn't Stand the Weather by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
Gear:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Fender Fat Strat (MIM)
Fender Classic Player's 60's Strat
Archer SS-90
Alvarez PD90S Acoustic
Quote by thedefrockednun
end with an original tbh it'll leave a great personal impression of the band but if u rlly HAVE to end with an original end with, in the end - linkin park, or behind blue eyes - limp bizkit

How are either of those Classic Rock or Blues?

Just in personal taste I think you should try some T.Rex, either Buick Mckane, Rock On or 20th Century Boy
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
All Right Now or Johnny B. Goode are good singalongs to finish with.
Fender P Bass Mex

Guitar Set Up
Fender Strat Mex (Modded)
Toadwords Leo Jr
Vox Wah V847
Electro Harmonix LBP-1
Line 6 FM4
Boss DD-20
TC Electronic Tuner
Orange Tiny Terror(ist)

Check out my band
www.asparagusnow.com
Quote by thedefrockednun

NO!!!!!!!! to the last little bit. If you ever play Behind Blue Eyes, play it by the Who. Limp Bizkit did such a crappy job that they ruined the song for ever. Just play the original version by the Who.

Depending on what you play... I would play something heavy and upbeat to close with. Like Slither by Velvet Revolver. Or if you don't play stuff like that, I would play something classic that everyone knows or at least recognizes like Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas.

But you've got it right thedefrockednun. play someghing that will leave a great personal impression of the band.