Ok, so yeah, I'm a beginner. Single notes, power-chords, hammer-ons, and pull-offs are really no problem for me, but what really is getting me is chords. Are there any exercises that are good for beginners that could help me with playing chords/changing from chord to chord? Any tips?
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Try doing things like switching between two chords repeatedly. Switch up the types of chords and areas on the neck as well. Practice the transitions and you'll get better at getting your fingers down quickly / correctly.
I had this problem to as a beginner. Nothing but practice will help you. Start switching between every chord you know. Then do it a bit faster, then a bit faster... etc

Wait till you get to sweep picking.
2 3 3 2
3 3 3 3
2 0 0 2
0 2 0 0
x 3 2 x
x x 3 x

play each chord around 8 times each, and reapeat over and over again (i think this is part od sweet child o mine, lol, but it helped me switch chords)
Stay away from the common chord shapes such as open chords. Go closed and/or barred. The guitar grim. will help tremendously. Open the mind of the chord and changing will happen.
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
Wait till you get to sweep picking.

Oh, joy. I'm sure that's going to be fun.

I figured it would be lots and lots of repetitive practice, so no surprises there. I just hoped there might be some exercises that would work, but I guess not. Everything else is plain practice, why should this be any different XD.

What was annoying though, is that I tried to teach myself, and I started lessons last Thursday, and found I had my left hand and right hand positioned wrong, so I had to re-teach myself how to get them in the right position...so I played the pentatonic scale over 500 times today for muscle memory and finally sort of succeeded XD. Blisters ftw? lol.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.