For those who have seen the movie:

What is that style called?

what (or who) can I look into for more information?

Do you need an amplified acoustic to do it?
( I tried it with a regular acoustic and just couldnt get the volume)

(sorry to be so blunt but I wanted to make it clear)
It's basically tapping... Some really good acoustic players can pull it off, but on the movie, they basically threw in a mike...

I'm not a 100% sure though, I saw him play it on the movie in an airplane, but I wasn't listening to it or paying attention. But, Work on acoustic tapping and you will be close no matter what.
and yes, generally it takes an acoustic-electric to play it, unless you have fingers of steel