My friend has a B.C. Rich Bich, and has just started playing. He's learning to play rhythm, too. I assume that this is bad. Right? The guitar is topheavy and uncomfortable. He's had it for a while, though, he just never started playing it until now. He also has a crappy Vox amp. He is willing, however, to sell his guitar and amp so he can get some better gear. Should he keep the stuff he has, or should he go for something more comfortable and easier to play, like a Strat-style guitar?
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Tell him to sell it/them on craigslist or e-bay, definitely. I hate jumping on the "guitar company X makes terrible guitars" bandwagon, but at the moment, I'm steering the damn thing. B.C. Rich are icky, icky guitars, and that's the technical term.

I just have to assume that since he went for a guitar with a radical design, he's into rock and metal. Assuming, as I said. Grab an Ibanez; even the good ones can be cheap.
I nice light guitar will do nicely, im a skinny dude and i play both rythm and lead, a
BC rich is alright but you shouldnt have to put in alot of energy when playing rythm.
What model of Ibanez? They're all so damn expensive. D:
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
If he's just starting out, maybe have him go for a low-end Paul Reed Smith guitar. Those things play great and are pretty light.
if hes just starting out and is playing rhythm check out the artist series by ibanez. the art-100 looks like a less paul its mahogany w/ set neck and it sounds pretty darn good for 299 dollars. only thing is it isnt a light guitar, its a cinder block like all the other lp copies.and the pups wont cut it for metal. rock tho is fine w/ the stock pups.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by Shard Prime
My friend has a B.C. Rich Bich, and has just started playing. He's learning to play rhythm, too. I assume that this is bad. Right? The guitar is topheavy and uncomfortable. He's had it for a while, though, he just never started playing it until now. He also has a crappy Vox amp. He is willing, however, to sell his guitar and amp so he can get some better gear. Should he keep the stuff he has, or should he go for something more comfortable and easier to play, like a Strat-style guitar?

Wait why would it be bad?
^ Yeah, that's what I was wondering.

The BC Rich shouldn't be bad for a starter guitar, if HE doesn't like it, then he should sell it. Generally, any guitar is good for rhythm guitar, you do have to put a lot of effort into it, like a guy above me said.