Hi, I know only the basic chords like majors and minors. I want to aim at learning all kind of chords, but I don't know the best procedure to go about doing so.
As in do you take one single scale and learn all the chords, or do you learn triads first, so somebody with an idea of how to go about learning chords in a productive manner...do let me know
Start with open chords like G(320033, or 320003), E minor(022000), e major(022100), D(0232 on the last 4 strings), then do barre chords. Later if you want start learning jazzy 7th chords like b7(6x67) A7maj(3x443)
Quote by 1crazyboy7
Start with open chords like G(320033, or 320003), E minor(022000), e major(022100), D(0232 on the last 4 strings), then do barre chords. Later if you want start learning jazzy 7th chords like b7(6x67) A7maj(3x443)

The first one would actually be a Bb7, and the other chord is Gmajor7, not A7maj.

To the thread starter, I'd say take lessons.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
First of all, learn how CHORDS ARE MADE....
Then make them..
(if you are playing guitar, then maybe learn all the possible positions of chords, which are usually open (and their structure regarding the fretboard) and 2 or 3 barre chords, but with baree chords, the position of your hand allways stays the same)

Should start learning a bit of theory (triads, intervals) to accompany that....
Yeah... this is defenitely the wrong forum. Next time try the theory forum or whatever the hell it's called.
I'm a person.