I was considering buying a 7 string guitar, and I was wondering where can you find sets for 7 strings? Are they only available for certain brands, and if not, which do you recommend?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
Google is your friend.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
you can buy a set of 7. OR you can buy a set of baritone and buy a seperate high E for about the same price.
Quote by briere
you can buy a set of 7. OR you can buy a set of baritone and buy a seperate high E for about the same price.

Baritone strings are generally thicker than 7's, so he'd probably have to pay closer attention when buying Baritone strings for his 7 unless he wants that gauge.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
You can buy standard 7 string sets that most are 56-10's, but D'addario's are 59-10, which I use, but I'm goin heavier for sure, it just does't cut it.
I'd say for good even tension the 59-10's at least and some guys use a 70 for the low B, then a 52-10 for the higher 6 strings. But the average that I think would work best is 62-65 for the low B, and whatever you want for the higher 6.
I always use a thin bass string on my ibanez rg-7, it seems to come through clearer than the actual sets for a seven string, it might just be my amps mid tone theivery.