If you owned an Ibanez RG Series fixed bridge 6 string electric which would you rather have........active or passive pickups and / or electronics and why? Just would like to see what other people think about this and why.
Reversed pairs and staggered thirds.........all day long!

Arpegio
Active... maybe with an 18V mod?

not sure if you can get Ibanez's new active pups in the RG's, i know they're in some S series'... but they sound monsterous.

i played then thru a pink JS sig. :P
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by KickAxe
If you owned an Ibanez RG Series fixed bridge 6 string electric which would you rather have........active or passive pickups and / or electronics and why? Just would like to see what other people think about this and why.

passives all the way. i have an RG321Mh, fixed bridge with passive Seymour Duncans.
i enjoy the sound of both. I own GFS crunchy pat, love it to death, and same with the EMG even without the 18V mod. my amp makes more of a difference i think.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Passive = versatility and sound
Active = You're not Metallica

That's how I look at it, and how some guy explained them to me.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
deftonesordie....if your looking for a good playable bass....SR905........I have played alot of basses from a Warwick Corvette Standard to a Tobias and believe it or not I loved the Ibanez SR905 so much that I bought it! I used a Boss GT6B with the other basses and found that the Ibanez can be made to sound very different just by adjusting the tone or pickup mix pots a slight bit. Lately I haven't used my GT6B except when I need alot of distortion, compression, or chorus. Also, make sure it is setup right for your style of playing. I have .005" relief in the neck and the action as low as it can go. I plays like butter!
Reversed pairs and staggered thirds.........all day long!

Arpegio