Find a piece of cheese, stick it in there. If theres alot of mold on the cheese after a month, theres probably enough moisture in there.
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
is that good for the guitar
and if it is over humidified what should i do
if i get one of those things that measure humidity where do i put it to see if its over humidified, in the sound hole?
Quote by bigbunny
Find a piece of cheese, stick it in there. If theres alot of mold on the cheese after a month, theres probably enough moisture in there.

I normally try not to do this to posters in this forum, but you really deserve it after that comment. You are an idiot and should never post in here again unless you have something intelligent to say.

the-kidR44, please don't listen to or do what that, ahem, person above said.
What you should do is get yourself a hygrometer. Another name for it is a humidistat. It's simply a gauge for measuring humidity in the air. If you have a hardshell case for your acoustic, place the meter inside along with the guitar and let it sit overnight. Next day, just have a look at it. You want the humidity to be about 45-50%. That's it. If it's too low, you might to need to add a bit of moisture, too high, then remove some.
Here's what I use:

prob couldnt happen but its too bad theres no auto humidifier...it senses low humidity and add it
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
prob couldnt happen but its too bad theres no auto humidifier...it senses low humidity and add it

actually... there is. i dont remember what brand it was from though.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
^ Planet Waves Humidipak does just that, if they would ever hurry up and perfect it. It went into a recall due to the bags possibly rupturing and maybe damaging guitars. But it works by adding/removing humidity in small increments to keep the interior of the guitar at approx. 45% at all times.
You do need to get the guitar close to 45% to begin with tho in order for these to work properly. I found that out the hard way. I started out with the rH at 65% and put the Humidipak in. Guess what? It kept the rH at 65%. It didn't lower it to 45% like I thought it would. It's a maintainer, not so much of an adjuster tho.
if you want to know the differences between a "wet" and "dry" guitar look at the thread on the taylor website conserning their exposure to the issues. they also list the symptoms of each problem

some poeple just put a sponge in a small tuperware container ith lots of hole punched in it like a humidipack it wont fix the problem rather it will keep it at the relative humidity of the guitar .