Ok this band is awesome.plain and simple.I was just wanting to see if any other UG'ers have heard of this band(aslo trting to prove to my buddy that they are WAAAYYYY to under-rated)If you havent heard of them look them up like right now.If you like true punk/ska then you will love this band.First song that you shoul liten to by them is Circle City Blues.THe song is about their hometown Dothan,Al.Yeah i know Alabama and punk doesnt seem like it would mix.But some how these guys have beat all the assumptions people have about us Southern born people.But seriosly,if you have the time and are bored like me check these guys out and then bring me some feedback about what you thought of them.Ill be here when you get back.Go.Go on really its ok.
In our attempt to seek individualty,we have all become the same

Im so hardcore I could kick a puppy right now
Quote by WhoPhlungBass
Yeah i know Alabama and punk doesnt seem like it would mix.But some how these guys have beat all the assumptions people have about us Southern born people.

Ha, whyvern would love that.
Quote by opivy21
Ha, whyvern would love that.

I thought the same thing, haha.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by neidnarb11890
As did I.

I did too!

Also, TS, you should probably post a link to the band, since most of us are too lazy to go searching for them.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
...most of us are too lazy to go searching for them.

I know I am.
Their name reminds me of Jihad Jerry and the Evildoers, who are a rather mediocre band starring Jerry Casale of Devo fame.
Quote by sargasm
Their name reminds me of Jihad Jerry and the Evildoers, who are a rather mediocre band starring Jerry Casale of Devo fame.

It made me think of Andrew Jackson Jihad.
brnh.bandcamp.com
The Andrew Jackson Jihad always reminds me of The Alabama Jihad who were a punk/new wave band from Alabama who Whyvern always used to plug.
Quote by sargasm
The Andrew Jackson Jihad always reminds me of The Alabama Jihad who were a punk/new wave band from Alabama who Whyvern always used to plug.

Yeah, for the longest time I kept getting those two names mixed up.
Quote by sargasm

Yeah, I downloaded some Alabma Jihad stuff a while back. They were pretty good.
eww Dothan... there's a lot better punk rock in Alabama. This reminds me of a band that would come from Madison.

Check out the most recent issue of MRR (#301) for a scene report of Huntsville. Here's a list of bands from Huntsville (past and present):

THOMAS FUNCTION
VANDAMMIT
JOEY TAMPON AND THE TOXIC SHOCKS
THE COUNTERCLOCKWISE
JARVIS
THE KNOCKABOUTS
SKELETAL EARTH
RICE HARVESTER
THE PINE HILL HAINTS
NESTOR MAKHNO
THE DISASTERNAUTS
THE PANIC BUTTONS
COMING DOWN
THE PEEPS
THEE AUTOBOTS
THE JAWAS
****BOY FROM OUTERSPACE
ALABAMA JIHAD
THE SUGAR GLIDERS
THE CRYPT KICKERS

and there's soo many more. In fact Issue No 6 of my zine is going to be a history of punk rock in Huntsville, AL.

Good bands elsewhere in the state:

ARMED WITH A BRICK (Birmingham/Montgomery)
WIZARD SLEEVE (Wetumpka)
THE AMBER ALERTS (Wetumpka/Montgomery)
THE HIBACHI STRANGLERS (Mobile)
CRIMINAL CLASS USA AND THE HUSH HUSH REVOLUTION (Mobile)
CBEND (Mobile/Hattiesburg, MS)
ROMAN GABRIEL TODD'S BEAST RISING UP OUT OF THE SEA (Mobile)
THE DIFFERENCE ENGINE (Mobile/Honolulu, HI/Oakland, CA)
P.S. ELLIOT (Birmingham)
SUPER NICE BROS. (Mobile)
RISE UP HOWLIN' WEREWOLF (Quad Cities)
THE LONGSHIPS (Florence/Sheffield)
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
The Difference Engine is real good
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
hadji is an amazing band. they ARE underrated.

they put up one hell of a show.
Quote by ferretman
Sometimes I pull down my pants and play slap bass with my schlong. So I guess thats pretty important as well.