I had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine about this subject. I've never heard of it before. Read this and you'll find it really interesting.

Lucid Dreaming is difficult to explain, but here's a good summary.

In the middle of one of your dreams you encounter in REM sleep, you recover mentally, do a reality-check and realize that you are in a dream. At this point, you change the entire dream to whatever the hell you want it to be. It is exactly like being in physical existence without having ANY limitations whatsoever.

My first experience was last night. I was dreaming about something dumb, something stupid... then i did a reality check by looking at the clock. I realized then that I was in a dream.

I immediatelly changed the dream so I was in the crowd at Jimi Hendrix's Woodstock 1969 performance of the Star Spangled Banner. I also went to a few gigs of Stevie Ray Vaughans, at the El Mocambo. Then I jumped once, and kept flying higher until I went into space, and flew whever the hell I wanted in the cosmos. And the amazing part was that it all seemed 100% real, even better than my experience with Salvia.

I hope you all can try it. But be wary that it took about a month of practice to get one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
damn that sounds sweet i want one
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
It's called acid kids

but yeah I'm hoping for this at the conclusion of my attempt at staying awake for as long as I can in the summer

They say that going for several days without sleep makes lucid dreams occur very easily
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
but there is a problem with this, what if you realize you are in a dream reality where you can be anything you want, thus the will to wake up is lost since you can now do anything be anyone, and have no consequences, i believe i have one or 2 cases of this but they occured a long time ago, also how can one recall what they dreamt, i learned that dreams are very hard to recall unless something in there is very vibrant or useful to the person who dreams it, in your case i guess a lucid dream would in fact be something one would remeber
There's already a huge thread on this...use the search bar
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by F8iscruel
but there is a problem with this, what if you realize you are in a dream reality where you can be anything you want, thus the will to wake up is lost since you can now do anything be anyone, and have no consequences, i believe i have one or 2 cases of this but they occured a long time ago, also how can one recall what they dreamt, i learned that dreams are very hard to recall unless something in there is very vibrant or useful to the person who dreams it, in your case i guess a lucid dream would in fact be something one would remeber

Yeah you're right.

Regarding the will to wake up... in a dream, time is irrelavent. In real-life 5mins, your dream time could be 5 seconds or 5 hours.

And also about recall, the first step to learning lucid dreaming is dream recall. I always remember dreams that are epic, maybe once a week I have one epic dream.

Practice man.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
They almost never happen to me, but they are AWESOME!!!!! you can train your self to have lucid dreams, but it's tough to keep at it. By far the easiest, and perhaps one of the most effective methods of training your self to have lucid dreams is to periodicaly throughout the day ask yourself if you are dreaming. It's suggested that you set your watch or whatever you have that has an alarm clock to go off every once in a while and when it does do a reality check. Once it becomes a regular thing and your mind expects it to happen you start to dream that your alarm is going off...pretty easy.....
This isn't exactly a lucid dream, but a friend of mine, for 2 weeks straight, had a series of dreams that seamlessly intertwined. He remembers them all perfectly, and is writing a book on them.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
I had one once. I loved it.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
I had it once, but I got too exited and I woke up
Last edited by Masonpwiley at May 25, 2008,
Every few months I have, and remember, a dream that is a perfect hollywood movie. I mean the plot progression, character development, even the turning points and obstacles in them, all line up perfectly and they often fit a certain genre structure perfectly...

The weird thing is that I really hate focus group-built, completely predictable, Hollywood style movies. I'll have to practice, then maybe I can turn them into artsy-fartsy indie or foriegn films.

Anyone else always dream in black and white?