<style type="text/css">
.pic { background-image: url('...'); background-repeat: no-repeat; }
</style>
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
<style type="text/css">
.pic { background-image: url('...'); background-repeat: no-repeat; }
</style>

Repeat-x may work better than no-repeat depending on the image. Just a suggestion.

EDIT: @ Logz: Why can't we see the stylesheet anymore? A 404 error comes up whenever I type the url in. If it's on purpose that's cool... although it was nice when everyone could see it.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Last edited by firebreath07 at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by firebreath07
Repeat-x may work better than no-repeat depending on the image. Just a suggestion.

Depends.
For that part of the profile, its probably best to use a non-repeating image. Whereas the main islands of the profile all use repeating images.
Been away, am back
Quote by firebreath07

EDIT: @ Logz: Why can't we see the stylesheet anymore? A 404 error comes up whenever I type the url in. If it's on purpose that's cool... although it was nice when everyone could see it.

I have no idea
I looked at my server and the files still there in the same location, and mandas works just fine
Been away, am back
Is there a way to change this bright blue outline around my profile pic?
O O

___
No there isnt unfortunatly bax.
It uses a "style" attribute and not a "class" attribute which means you cant edit it.
Been away, am back
oh, okay.

Well, thanks for trying anyways. No biggie.

Thanks.

oh, and what happened to your profile Logz, when i look at it, it still looks like the old default one.
O O

___
It should be back to normal now. I dont know what happened, i restarted my server and it came back online.

Try hard refreshing (ctrl+f5)
Been away, am back
hey, i'm just wondering this, is your user name green because you're a mod?
And i realise this is probably a really stupid quesiton.
O O

___
The url for the box around the profile pic keeps putting a space in the address.

Like this
<style type="text/css">
.pic { background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee315/johnd rinkstea/paisley.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; }
</style>

Great thread btw
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
The sytlesheet's back up.
Cheers Logz!
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by sg255
The url for the box around the profile pic keeps putting a space in the address.

Like this
<style type="text/css">
.pic { background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee315/johnd rinkstea/paisley.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; }
</style>

Great thread btw

The UG profiles seems to put random spaces in it for some reason. Dont know why.
Try this:

<style type="text/css">
 .pic {  background-image:  url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee315/johndrinkstea/paisley.gif);  background-repeat:  repeat-x;  }
</style>

Dont know if it will work.
Been away, am back
Hey, is there a way to change the color of the little box, and text in it, under your profile pic, it says this:

TheBax is online now!
registered November 18, 2007

(it's in my earlier picture up a few posts)

And what about the actual text that says TheBax's Status, and Contacting TheBax? Can you change that color? No pic for that, but i assume you know what i'm talking about. It's right under the box i stated ^ .
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Jul 10, 2008,
It's still putting the spaces in there

Thanks for trying anyway.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Hi guys,

I've been trying to use the codes posted up earlier to put this picture as the background behind my profile pic :

I've tried it numerous amounts of times and I can't get it to work.
<style type="text/css">.pic {background:#000000 URL('">http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l277/pietiestrydom/PIC-1.jpg') no-repeat;padding:10px;}</style>

(i put your code in there for you)

This one works for mine. although i've taken it off, because just recently it started putting little space in it, and i just decided it looked better without it.

What code were you trying to use?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
<style type="text/css">.pic {background:#000000 URL('">http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l277/pietiestrydom/PIC-1.jpg') no-repeat;padding:10px;}</style>

(i put your code in there for you)

This one works for mine. although i've taken it off, because just recently it started putting little space in it, and i just decided it looked better without it.

What code were you trying to use?

Dude, I love you...

Mine initially also added a space, I think it might be because of the length of the link.
Then I uploaded it to tinypic and now it works.

Thank you very much!
awe, it's nothing. You should really love Logz... as i do, lol. He's the one that's taught me, and most people on this whole thread everything.

I'm just glad i could help. Anything else you'd like to know?
O O

___
Hey I have seen profiles where the youtube video can be played in the "about me section". idk if ppl hav already reviewed this in this mod thread, but i do not feel like scrolling through a bunch of pages. i have the link to the movie, but i need the code or whatever to put the actual video up. thnx
Yah it didnt work. thnx 4 trying. anyone else? im trying to put a youtube movie on the about section of my profile. i need a code
Shredder, just use the "embed" part under the video, you should just be able to copy and paste it onto your profile, or at least that's how i did it. It should work.

EDIT: I tried to look at the video, but the link on your profile was invalid. So, if the embedding isn't there, just use this:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="URL"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="URL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just put the URL of the video into the red spaces.
(i just copied the code from my video and took out the URL, maybe it'll work)
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Jul 11, 2008,
sunny, you can just get his source code, but i'd not recommend copying his profile EXACTLY, that's relatively annoying. Spice it up a bit, but like i said, try not to copy him completely.

And to anyone who doesn't know already... i just decided to post these codes up for cursors, before anybody asks... :
This one is for the main cursor:
<style type="text/css"> body{cursor: default;} </style>

And this one is for when hovering over links:
<head>
<style type="text/css"><!--a:hover {cursor: hand}
--></style>
</head>
O O

___
can someone please help:
the only codes that work in my profile are the main background and the text codes
whenever i try to change my profile pic background, or anything like that, it gets messed up
the code is fine, then i hit "save info" and it inserts spaces in random locations, ruining the code
ive tried numerous codes with different pics...any help here?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by TheBax
sunny, you can just get his source code, but i'd not recommend copying his profile EXACTLY, that's relatively annoying. Spice it up a bit, but like i said, try not to copy him completely.

And to anyone who doesn't know already... i just decided to post these codes up for cursors, before anybody asks... :
This one is for the main cursor:

And this one is for when hovering over links:
</head>

All I want is so that people can't see my posts and my threads. Could someone give me codes to do this? Thanks. I wouldn't mind giving out demonoid invites or anything else you would want. And what partsof the source code would I copy?

EDIT: SOLVED
Last edited by sunnysayshi at Jul 15, 2008,
I'm trying to put my codes in an online file hosting program, but it doesn't work. I copied all my codes into notepad, saved it, then uploaded it, and then put the URL of it in this code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/5bb7f8/n/Ultimate-Guitar_style-sheet_txt">

i've tried 3 different filehosting places, so what's wrong???
O O

___
how do i insert a pic into post without using a url?
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master
it is a tracking device so the aliens can find you and take you into their ship and do experiments on you!!!! DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

Quote by YourMessiah666
definitely sexy. all washburn guitars are sexy
what? that's just how you do it....

can you explain a little more of what you're trying to do?
O O

___
^ i think i know what he means
hit "attach files" (below the icons) and you can insert images from your computer
any help for me yet? ↓↓↓↓↓↓

Quote by AeroRocker
can someone please help:
the only codes that work in my profile are the main background and the text codes
whenever i try to change my profile pic background, or anything like that, it gets messed up
the code is fine, then i hit "save info" and it inserts spaces in random locations, ruining the code
ive tried numerous codes with different pics...any help here?
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
hmm... aero, i have that same problem sometimes. UG just does that. The only way fix it, that i know of, is to try to use a shorter url for pics (http://www.tinypic.com/), and if that doesn't work. Just try to upload all your codes to a hosting site, and link it to your profile, which i'm trying to do, and can't figure out.

Hope i helped...
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Jul 16, 2008,
yeah how do i use a hosting site?
any help is much appreciated...
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
i think it's on page 4 on here, but Logz said just put all your codes on notepad, save it, and upload the file to some filehosting sites, then just link it to your profile.

I'm trying to do this, but i'm having trouble linking it back up to my profile. But you can try it, (i know it can be done), and if you figure it out, tell me exactly how you did it, please.
O O

___