Well, i had posted a thread here about this. Didn't get proper replies. Probably bcoz i didn't frame my questions properly. Anyway, i'll cut to the chase now. I wanna be able to sweep pick. But then i only know how to alternate pick and im not a master at it. Im not able to reach good speed with it. Yes, i did practice a lot.... So i figured i should move to faster methods of picking...

So in order to reach a stage where i can start sweep picking what do i have to do other than getting my alternate picking right?

P.S: I use Dunlop mediums... I mostly play rock and metal, and i want to get really good at lead guitaring...

Thanks
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

compared to alternate picking, sweep picking has limited applications. If I were you I would continue to practice alternate picking until I had it down. Use a metronome when you practice, that way you can keep stepping up the tempo in very small increments. believe me, it helps.
Uh yeah, i know that... But isn't there something like you gotta know economy picking before u go on to learn sweeps or something like that?
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

Quote by Blaster Bob
compared to alternate picking, sweep picking has limited applications. If I were you I would continue to practice alternate picking until I had it down. Use a metronome when you practice, that way you can keep stepping up the tempo in very small increments. believe me, it helps.

I did try that... I couldn't really get my speed to increase... I dunno where exactly i have the problem. Is it the way i hold the pick? Or is it my technique? I have no freakin' idea... Help me out guys... This is really driving me crazy...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Quote by Forgotmyid
Uh yeah, i know that... But isn't there something like you gotta know economy picking before u go on to learn sweeps or something like that?

That's not true. All you do with your picking hand while you sweep is literally sweeping your pick across the strings. It's not like economy picking at all.
Oh... k.... I feel like such a mess right now...

Alright then, all i have to do is get really good at alt picking and then i can try sweep picking right? And how do i get good at alternate picking? I mean, there's gotta me some exercise or something like that....
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Just play simple chromatic scales and slowly speed them up. You'll get better as time goes on.
Last edited by aznmetalhead93 at May 25, 2008,
Well k... Thanks y'all...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown