Wiggle your hand, not your finger. The base of it should all be int he wrist. keep a steady motion on it too, only 2 directions.

Wow. I didn't know it could be so technical.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
me neither, thats what i do when i vibrato and not bend, but when i bend too my attention seems to go to the bend, and when i try to add vibrato my bend deflates
Quote by YourDad
Wiggle your hand, not your finger. The base of it should all be int he wrist. keep a steady motion on it too, only 2 directions.

Wow. I didn't know it could be so technical.

thats only one way of doing it, theres also such thing as finger vibrato
Practice them so they are in time too

You can do that by using backing tracks or a metronome, having your own vibrato is crucial and doing them in time is very important otherwise you'll sound like Hammet haha.
well I usually just rapidly bend the string back and forth slightly, but you can also use normal wrist/finger vibrato.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Bending is quite hard, when you're learning, and vibrato is quite hard when you're learning. So it follows that bending and doing vibrato on a note is going to be hard. It's literally just practice, you'll get used to it. Your hands need to get stronger.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by Diamond Dave
thats only one way of doing it, theres also such thing as finger vibrato

Yes, but it's hard/impossible to pull this off precisely when bending. Cool if you can do it, but most people can't.
Quote by J.MitMetallica
Bending is quite hard, when you're learning, and vibrato is quite hard when you're learning. So it follows that bending and doing vibrato on a note is going to be hard. It's literally just practice, you'll get used to it. Your hands need to get stronger.

+10
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by TheQuailman
Yes, but it's hard/impossible to pull this off precisely when bending. Cool if you can do it, but most people can't.

sorry, i completely misread the first post, didnt realise it was bending and vibrato.