So I just bought a used peavey Mark 3 combo amp at the local music shop. I was basically looking for the loudest amp for the smallest price. I had never used a peavey anything before so I was a little hesitant. This thing is a beast though at 400 watts, I paid $350 for it. Did some research and found these were made in the late 70's, it sounds amazing. Anyone else ever used one of these?
Funny story. I just bought one this morning. Got it at a garage sale for $250 and it came with a huge ass 2x15 cab. I've been tinkering with it all day. Be sure to play with all the knobs until you understand all the components of it.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
i gigged with a Peavey Mark IV series amp for many years. it was a very reliable, good sounding amp. it never failed me once.
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-PEAVEY-CENTURION-MARK-III-SERIES-BASS-AMP-HEAD_W0QQitemZ320252415407QQcmdZViewItem

is this like yours?
Mine is a combo amp, not a separate head and cab like everyone has been mentioning. I don't really know a lot about the amp, so I was just wondering. It sounds great though, and gives a nice vintage kind of sound.