I'm looking to replace the pickups in my Fender Standard Stratocaster (Mexican not HSS). I've been looking at some on musiciansfriend such as the Fender Noiseless Vintage, Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless and some of the Fender Custom Shop pickups. I'm not looking for hotrails or humbuckers. What pickups will give me the best brightest sound, i'm not really going to be using much distortion on it mainly blues jazz rock.

Also who is Abigail Ybarra and does she actually hand wind the pickups and sign them, like every single one and are they better than non-Abigail Ybarra ones?

thanks
Quote by ramsure
I'm looking to replace the pickups in my Fender Standard Stratocaster (Mexican not HSS). I've been looking at some on musiciansfriend such as the Fender Noiseless Vintage, Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless and some of the Fender Custom Shop pickups. I'm not looking for hotrails or humbuckers. What pickups will give me the best brightest sound, i'm not really going to be using much distortion on it mainly blues jazz rock.

Also who is Abigail Ybarra and does she actually hand wind the pickups and sign them, like every single one and are they better than non-Abigail Ybarra ones?

thanks

I've heard mixed reviews on the VNs and nothing but raves about the SCNs.

Can't help about Abigail.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The Custom Shop 69's are produced under Abigail Ybarra's supervision. To my knowledge, she signs her full name on pickups that she makes herself and initials pickups that are made by others to her specifications.

Are they better than other pickups? No, they're different. I like them a lot though.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
have you tried looking at lace sensors?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
have you tried looking at lace sensors?

This may speaks the truth. Lace Sensors sound like they'd be right up your alley. I have hot golds in my Strat, and they sound good, if a bit sterile. They're definitely worth trying out. Experiment with the different "colors," too, to see what you like best.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
The blue sensor in my strats neck is perfect for jazz. Bassy and mellow.

edit: But lace sensors certainly aren't bright. If you want a bright tone, they probably aren't for you. They are brighter than humbuckers, but they don't have the brightness of regular single coils