Quote by rbj1313
yea bc34frets is right

Fail.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Shes also saying that you can switch between different services if they make you, like from the army to the national guard to the marines, WTF?!! Smells like bull.
Bullshit
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Well they know your Social Security Number, birth certificate info, and pretty much everything else about you so potentially they could if they really didn't want you around for a while
no, you can't be enlisted against your will by your parents, the army doesn't want people who don't want to be there, as they tend to not make very effective soldiers.

Quote by Optimusprimerib
Well they know your Social Security Number, birth certificate info, and pretty much everything else about you so potentially they could if they really didn't want you around for a while

you have to sign enlistment papers in front of witnesses, also it isn't very hard to get kicked out of the army if you want to be (but it looks very very bad)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
even if your parents had your details and everything, you would still have to sign your life away on a piece of paper -- your parents cannot do that for you.

i believe "freedom" is quite big in the US, is it not?

check out the 13th Amendment
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Last edited by chillrock at May 25, 2008,
Bah, I would sign up my kid in the foreign legion. They get the real action..
It's totally legal, better start packing your bag, junior.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by kaihansen
Bah, I would sign up my kid in the foreign legion. They get the real action..

And if they serve 20 years they get to retire with full french citizenship.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
I'm pretty sure you can get into the Navy if you're under eighteen. Not sure if that matters in this thread, but whatever.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
And if they serve 20 years they get to retire with full french citizenship.

Wow that's an incentive.

Your parents can sign a consent form to enter the delayed enlistment program when you are 17. However you must still wait until you are 18 to join. Tell your friend she needs another lobotomy. The first one didn't take.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
maybe they're signing him up for draft which is a requirement in the US. Other than that you can sign up to be enlisted in the military as long as you either are almost a high school senior or already a senior.
you can join if your over 17. You must have YOUR CONSENT. Nobody can make you join the army. You have to sign a contract. In that contract it says (along with all the terms of your enlistment) that you have made the decision with a free, clear, and capable mind without mental defect and without coercion from another party. If you are 17 and joining, your parents must sign as a sponsor, but unless you sign and consent as well, your not going.

EDIT: and Jackal i don't doubt your knowledge but are you sure you still have to delay enlistment until your 18? i saw a documentary program on the USS Enterprise and there was a kid on KP duty telling the camera that he turned 18 a week ago. So obviously was in training when he was 17.

That goes for all branches of the military (barring national guard and reserves, they have slightly different age requirements).

You must register for selective service (the draft) at 18. The draft is not in effect right now, but they want a registry in case we start world war 3 with china and need to call everyone up quick.

Your parents can send you to military school, but that isn't the same.
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at May 25, 2008,
Quote by insideac
Some girl is telling me her friend was 16 and his parents signed him up to the military, wtf thats not legal, is it?

Actually, he's been sold to the rear admiral, and he's going to get torpedoed from astern.
You must now call him Roger the Cabinboy.