I'm in a little of a string crisis.
I've been using some cheap strings for a while, but lately I had my guitar at a repair (adjust frets, and stuff) and when I got it back, the strings were changed.
They felt much nicer, and were Ernie Ball...BUT

There might be something nicer.

I'm considering

DR Tite Fit (010)

and

Dean Markley Blue Steel (010)

can anyone give me some info on these?
Have anyone tried them?
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
ernie ball ftw
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Elixir strings are the worst strings I've ever tried.

They're coated in something to stop them rusting which makes it harder to slide around and after a few months, they still rust.

Stick to Ernie Ball strings, IMO.
Personally my favorite is DR's. They last for ****ing ever, never seem rust, and I've never broken one.
D:
Signature.
I dunno how many times I've responded to this kind of question. I've been playing for 16 years. I've used almost every brand string on the planet. I change my strings any where from 1-4 times a month (with times of heavy gigging, and times of just home/studio play)

When you compare "like" strings from different brands there is NO difference in response or tone. When someone pays a lot of money for something they want to believe it is a better product (sort of like when Gibson wants to sell more guitars they raise their prices kind of marketing).

When I buy strings now I buy by the box and whatever brand is the cheapest.

Some folks will disagree with me and thats ok.... it all goes back to the "opinions are like assholes, everybody has one"..... but I would challenge those folks to the Pepsi challenge! Take 4 similar guitars..... put their "preferred brand" on one, and three similar style strings of different brands on the other 3 and see if they (or anyone) could really tell the difference if they were not privy to what string was on which guitar... I think it would be an interesting experiment.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
To be fair, I can see what bryan is saying, but I think I could tell the difference between D'Addarios and Balls. Not sure which I prefer, 'Balls to me have a higher attack, but D'Addarios are mid-y and rounded.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Yeah D'Addarios are the only strings I can actually "feel" the difference in

To me they feel much harder and they do tear my fingers up faster then any other string.
Quote by brianthemayan
but I would challenge those folks to the Pepsi challenge! Take 4 similar guitars..... put their "preferred brand" on one, and three similar style strings of different brands on the other 3 and see if they (or anyone) could really tell the difference if they were not privy to what string was on which guitar... I think it would be an interesting experiment.

You can't tell Pepsi from Coke?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Thats an easy challenge haha

I never liked pepsi out of the can but out of the fountain its not to bad
Strings are like women. There's no "one" for you, and everyone has their own tastes in them.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I like the Ernie Ball .11s.
All your base are belong to us.
Man I hate Ernie balls they are so ****ing bad

but DR's are amazing, and in close second D'addrio's
It's personal preference really...as someone else already pointed out.

But just to chip in my €0.05 I prefer Ernie Ball, they sound more "open" to me and they have a better attack imho.

And in that same humble opinion, I believe there are bad strings too. Recently I had to emergency restring a guitar with a cheap brand (can't remember the name, Vipers or something) and I was mortified by the difference.
The strings seemed to work against me instead of with me, sort of how rusted strings tend to slow you down. Besides that, I killed the low E in 3 hours time, it just plain snapped.

I'll happily spend €6 euro's on a set of Ernie Ball strings knowing that they tend to last me for months of daily playing.
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
I'm personally very pleased with DR, i would try them if i were you.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)