I'm looking for a delay pedal

I'm told to look for one that has at least 400ms (too me that almost sounds like the minimum) and 'long echoes' whatever that is...
anyway i'm a noob on this subject and I was wondering what others thought.

Thanks!
T.C.Electronics Nova Delay, if you can afford it. Its superb to all other digital delays. It goes up to 2250 ms i think (or 2500). Check my profile for a picture if you're interested. If you want better than that, youre looking at +500$ boutique analog delays.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by The_0thersid3
In order of greatness:

electro harmonix DMM
MXR carbon copy
boss dd-20
boss dd-7 or 6

theyre the most popular delays around although there are pleanty that are better (and more expensive) these are industry standard.

DMM FTW

+1, I love my DMM, best pedal I've ever used.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
the new MXR Carbon Copy sounds amazing. There is a demo on youtube covering a lot of settings, sounds sweet. The new Boss DD-7 sounds cool too.
+ 1 on the Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man, amazing, but pricey. I would look into the new boss digital delay and the line 6 Echo Park.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Nova Delay, sounds like TC's studio stuff, no mean feat!
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay