Page 1 of 2
I need a song that can work for FOUR guitarists (not including bass), does anyone know any songs that we can cover?
every lynyrd skynyrd song
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
explosions in the sky - song for our fathers has 4 guitar parts i think
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Quote by bowdyyz69
maiden maiden maiden

Three, tres, drei! Maiden were the first to come to my mind, too, but songs for 4 guitars? Can't think of any
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
thought iron maiden only had 3 guitarists?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
Lol.

Simpsons quote:

"C'mon guys you can't all pick guitar. Look there are loads of great instruments! Like Bass!"

Dummmmmmmmm Dummmmmmmmmm
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Quote by 123-Trav
Lol.

Simpsons quote:

"C'mon guys you can't all pick guitar. Look there are loads of great instruments! Like Bass!"

Dummmmmmmmm Dummmmmmmmmm

*is laughing very very very loudly*
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
Quote by Better
just do what slipknot does

pull the name of the instrument you're suppost to play out of a hat?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
Quote by Better
just do what slipknot does

yeah just use two of the guitarists to play and let the other 2 jump around and headbang and that sort of things
and now for something completely different..
A lot of bands have 4 guitars in the studio. A good example of a song that's well known is "Welcome Home" by Coheed & Cambria. Another is "White Walls" by Between the Buried and Me (http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/between_the_buried_and_me/white_walls_tab.htm) As you can see, it's tabbed for 6 guitars.
You can basically do any song though. But seriously, unless you guys are all virtuosos, might want to ditch your worst guitarist, possibly your worst two.
Is "4 for guitars" the same as "for 4 guitars"?
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Although songs may have a lot of tracks, a lot of that are overdubs... which may well mean two guitarists do sod all for 3 minutes.

Four guitars live won't give the same effect as four guitars in the studio either. With the drums, the bass and the vocals, things can get very muddy very quickly, and you can't sort that live like you can in studio.
Quote by JakdOnCrack
A lot of bands have 4 guitars in the studio. A good example of a song that's well known is "Welcome Home" by Coheed & Cambria. Another is "White Walls" by Between the Buried and Me (http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/between_the_buried_and_me/white_walls_tab.htm) As you can see, it's tabbed for 6 guitars.
You can basically do any song though. But seriously, unless you guys are all virtuosos, might want to ditch your worst guitarist, possibly your worst two.

well welcome home used multiple guitars but not all at the same time.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Opeth's Bleak has four guitar parts, i'm pretty sure.

check some stuff by Liquid tension Experiment and Dream Theater and other Petrucci projects.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
There's something to be said for sitting out every once in a while. But as someone else mentioned, if you arrange it properly, a lot of things will work. You could have two people playing the same strumming pattern, one person playing a lead or melody, and another person outlining the chords higher up on the neck, etc. I didn't answer your question directly on what songs to play, but my point is, a lot of songs can work if you get creative with it. Best of luck.
You don't need four guitarists. I had three ina band once, it was a nightmare.

Works for Maiden,Eagles, Lynard etc though so what do I know.

Oh and Hotel California or just make your own. You can make some nice cool harmony leads with multiple guitars. They always sound cool.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Eagles stuff. Their acoustic gigs usually involve 4 guitars and some congas, at least what've seen.
Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin ANYONE?

the chorus had 4 guitars in it i believe - 2 harmonizing, one doing powerchords, the other doing some arpeggios.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Free Bird
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
learn a song where the other guitarist plays 1 second after the next to make a delay effect.
Quote by ctb
learn a song where the other guitarist plays 1 second after the next to make a delay effect.

You mean like.. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X by The Fall Of Troy?
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by Magic Jim
Is "4 for guitars" the same as "for 4 guitars"?

I know, my head hurt after reading the title.

Johnny's in the basement, mixin' up the medicine.
I'm on the pavement, thinkin' 'bout the government.
Quote by AvengedThrice
You mean like.. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X by The Fall Of Troy?

i guess!
Radiohead songs? Though to be fair, half of them after The Bends involve some kind of keyboards from Johnny/Colin.

The Smiths/Smashing Pumpkins could also be looked into, 'cause Johnny Marr/Billy Corgan did a lot of multitracking.

You could do My Bloody Valentine (or Cocteau Twins etc), and get a thick shoegazing sounds with four guitars, playing different things.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Page 1 of 2