Any ideas on how to get a good Alexi Laiho (Hatebreeder) sound?
Doesn't have to be exactly, but that tone is about what I normally sound like on my Laney VC50.

Now I do have a Shure 57 and such, but I still live at home. And recording can take a great deal of time.
So as long as I'm just at home recording, I'll probably use Amplitube most of the time, so of course I need a good reproduction of my normal tone.

Actually, I need something that sounds like a Lee Jackson preamp.

"video of the tone";

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tPFcKvVxPDQ
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Last edited by PhantomNote at May 25, 2008,
so you have alexi tone and need it again? i dont understand =/

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
so you have alexi tone and need it again? i dont understand =/

I have a kind of Alexi tone - on my real life Laney - now the Amplitube is a modelling program.
In that, I need it again.

Why?
Because I don't need to crank it when recording, recording takes time, and I'm still living with my parents (and my sister), and they'd get pretty quickly annoyed of it.
Not to speak of the neighbours.

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
well, the lee jackson preamp that alexi uses is meant to sound like a Marshall therefore a British hi-gain amp model would work well, maybe an overdrive in front to get the overdrive that the preamp delivers that my pod cant with just british hi gain model.
now you just need to tweak the eq a lot, especially helpful when you have a graphic eq because you can scoop the 800 range and boost the 1k to get a slightly scooped sound and still cut through the mix.

hopefully thats what you meant.

EDIT: this is going off my knowledge that amplitube is like a pod but in software form right?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at May 25, 2008,
Quote by metallicafan616
well, the lee jackson preamp that alexi uses is meant to sound like a Marshall therefore a British hi-gain amp model would work well, maybe an overdrive in front to get the overdrive that the preamp delivers that my pod cant with just british hi gain model.
now you just need to tweak the eq a lot, especially helpful when you have a graphic eq because you can scoop the 800 range and boost the 1k to get a slightly scooped sound and still cut through the mix.

hopefully thats what you meant.

EDIT: this is going off my knowledge that amplitube is like a pod but in software form right?

Yes, indeed it is.
Well i was gonna go with something like that, but since I am new to Amplitube, I thought maybe someone could give me some tips.

Thanks for the tip anyway. But I won't scoop. I always have my mids high.
I don't play metal either, more hard rock, it's just that Alexi's tone is wonderful for leads, rythm wise I go more for a Van Halenish sound.

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black